Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Using Hopper offline

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   joetekcor

joetekcor

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

We are about to head out of town in our RV and we used to take our VIP622 with us just to watch all of the shows and movies we had recorded. Being trapped in a metal box in the middle of nowhere at night is the perfect time to catch up on all of our recordings. Even though we would get all of the initial errors that it couldn't find the signal we could still hit DVR and watch stuff.

We have recently upgraded to the Hopper/Joey system and, of course, we have a bunch of stuff recorded. Before I start disconnecting everything I wanted to ask if anyone has used their hopper offline to watch recorded shows?

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Yes, it works the same.

#3 OFFLINE   722921

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

But can you also access your EHD?
Hopper feeds the 73" Mitz WD-73640 3D DLP/1080p (and 19" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 1 feeds the 62" Mitz WD-62628 DLP/1080P (and 16" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 2 feeds the new 40" Specter LCD black friday special
Dish America Pkg

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

That needs authorization, so I believe the EHD would not work. I've never moved or disconnected my sat signal to test it out. Maybe someone ho has can verify..

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,757 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

That needs authorization, so I believe the EHD would not work. I've never moved or disconnected my sat signal to test it out. Maybe someone ho has can verify..

If you don't know - don't post. Why need to confuse OP ?

#6 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Because I know authorization is required for the EHD but I'm not sure the period of time before it stops working. I could find dozens of posts you've made thar have no purpose or answer or that make no sense.

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,757 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

As for newbie here, I can tell you: EHD authorization is a history for 622+ devices.
Read and learn before post.

#8 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Are you saying an EHD connected to anything 622 and newer will continue to work without sat signal after a period of time? So if you no longer are a dish sub, you can continue to access ehd content from the 622? Or if no sat signal is connected for a while, you can still view ehd content?

#9 OFFLINE   joetekcor

joetekcor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for the replies. I hate being in other cities and being stuck with live OTA only and I don't travel enough to justify getting a portable dish.

Wifi at the RV parks is pretty hit or miss so I don't think the sling adapter would be of much use either.

I won't be taking the EHD with us on this trip. It's attached the Hopper that's staying home.

Thanks again.

#10 OFFLINE   jjlawyer

jjlawyer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I tried using the hopper in a second home and it did not work - the unit did not like being on with no satellite connection. This was a while ago (when the hopper was first released) and maybe a newer firmware will work. Also it did not see the EHD. My 922 worked in the same situation but also did not see the EHD

spam firewall