Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Alphas - Goes Bye-bye

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

How can you tell how good or bad Blood And Chrome is? It hasn't started airing yet and is almost a month away.

http://www.youtube.c...l/SWgObGz7zha9U

#22 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,806 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

http://www.youtube.c...l/SWgObGz7zha9U

Ahhh, did not know it was being "broadcast" online first. Thanks for the heads up!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#23 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

It was more to me like a poor man's X-men

Actually, Heroes was a poor man's Alphas.

These people were actually believable, even for as fantastic of a story as it was. They drove around in a SUV, ferchrissake, and stationed in an industrial park; how real is that? I thought the scene where Nina jumped off the roof and Cameron jumped after her was the single most exciting moment in recent TV memory; that knocked me completely out of my chair.

The writing, expecially for "Gary", and the acting, especially for the under-rated David Strathairn as "Dr. Rosen", was hard to beat. It wasn't some boring predictable procedural, it was messy, and unpredictable, just like real life.

And those women were just stunning, even the little one ("Kat"). Someone please recast them in something that will not get cancelled way too early.
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#24 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,918 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Actually, Heroes was a poor man's Alphas.

These people were actually believable, even for as fantastic of a story as it was.

Don't get me wrong, I watched every episode.

spam firewall