Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Leaving AT&T for DirecTV

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

BOOM!

The sales rep said the DTV Cinema was like Netflix on Steroids? So like does it have similar content to Netflix? My son uses Netflix everyday, he's 3, he watches all kinds of kids shows on it, guess I'll wait and see what it has before I cut out Netflix from our budget.

Have you heard of HBO Go? You can watch virtually all HBO content (movies and series...all of the series) from a PC or mobile device. DirecTV has ALL of that HBO Content OnDemand.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Have you heard of HBO Go? You can watch virtually all HBO content (movies and series...all of the series) from a PC or mobile device. DirecTV has ALL of that HBO Content OnDemand.

Yep I use this now with my AT&T account. Its cool.

#63 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

HBO Go is amazing on the Roku as well. I know that Dish allows this, but I do not think DirecTV does.

#64 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

HBO Go is amazing on the Roku as well. I know that Dish allows this, but I do not think DirecTV does.

Don't need a Roku with DirecTV since they already offer all of the HBO Go content in HD and DD 5.1.
DTV = Digital Television

#65 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

In addition, DirecTV also has MAXGO, Showtime Anytime, Starz Play & Encore Play.

MAX On Demand has all the content that is available from MAXGO and in better picture/audio quality.

Showtime On Demand has the equal amount of content available from Showtime Anytime and in better picture/audio quality.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#66 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Yep I use this now with my AT&T account. Its cool.

One thing to mention about directv on demand is that its now a streaming/download service. If you let it fully download you get same PQ as OTA. If your impatient and ur internet is fast enough u can stream it now. Netflix has really bad motion blur if you ask me. But as others have mentioned the movie channels are the best on-demand. PS showtime will be following suit with HBO and offer all episodes of show series sometime this year.

Can't believe no one has mentioned NFL Sunday Ticket yet...

My setup: HR 44, HR34, 2x HR 24, 2x HR 23-700, 4x C31's, Nomad...

#67 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Can't believe no one has mentioned NFL Sunday Ticket yet...

Probably because its out of season. I'm well aware of it, and not sure I'll get it when it rolls around its not even offered right now to sign up early for.

#68 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Probably because its out of season. I'm well aware of it, and not sure I'll get it when it rolls around its not even offered right now to sign up early for.

It actually is but only the max version. But most won't commit to it yet. And I'm shocked its not being offered to new subs currently.

#69 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

It actually is but only the max version. But most won't commit to it yet. And I'm shocked its not being offered to new subs currently.

They redesign the contract year over year. It probably will not be offered to anyone until June or July.

#70 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

So I'd rather pay $75/$99 for that and have the fastest I can get without buying a T1 or T3 line. This would help me in the house with all the iPads and iPhones on wireless and all the other devices on the network. So I've decided to really break up with AT&T and just have their home phone and cell phone. Let DTV do what it does best and give me the best TV experience and Cox give me the fastest internet...3 bills but 3 of the best I can get.

Your router may be more of a limitation than your download speed in this case. Having a higher download speed never hurts but if your router is being bottle-necked from multiple devices, you may not see much of a speed increase.

#71 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

They redesign the contract year over year. It probably will not be offered to anyone until June or July.

No no I can tell you the 13-14 season can be added to any dtv account already. Dtv already has the rights to it. They Bought it 4 or so years ago and there isn't a lockout so it is out unseasonably early this year.

#72 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

No no I can tell you the 13-14 season can be added to any dtv account already. Dtv already has the rights to it. They Bought it 4 or so years ago and there isn't a lockout so it is out unseasonably early this year.

Good to know. Still, chances are no offers until June or July either way.

#73 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Your router may be more of a limitation than your download speed in this case. Having a higher download speed never hurts but if your router is being bottle-necked from multiple devices, you may not see much of a speed increase.

Here is what I'm looking at getting...
http://ww2.cox.com/r...ternet_ult_0329

With the latest DOCSIS 3.0 modem technology, you access a new network environment that separates your traffic to keep your fast connection flying. And if you go wireless, get more out of your Wireless-N router. Ultimate Internet gives you the cutting edge in access making everything you do online unsurpassable.

Look at the chart at the bottom of the page in the Ultimate column.
My friend pays for this, gets 60+ where he lives...

I will have it setup so that my modem will send the signal out to my gigabit switch over my cat6 cables in the wall, which goes out to my entertainment center where I have the TV, BluRay, Xbox, AppleTV, and STB (DirecTV soon).

#74 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Good to know. Still, chances are no offers until June or July either way.

I asked to add the NFL Ticket, he couldn't do it, said it wasn't being offered...yet.

#75 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

I asked to add the NFL Ticket, he couldn't do it, said it wasn't being offered...yet.

The agent gave u the wrong info. Been out since jan 15th.

#76 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Here is what I'm looking at getting...
http://ww2.cox.com/r...ternet_ult_0329

Look at the chart at the bottom of the page in the Ultimate column.
My friend pays for this, gets 60+ where he lives...

I will have it setup so that my modem will send the signal out to my gigabit switch over my cat6 cables in the wall, which goes out to my entertainment center where I have the TV, BluRay, Xbox, AppleTV, and STB (DirecTV soon).

Switch to the lower cost Premier after the 6 months discount period and see if you really notice a difference.

I finally bought a better quality higher-powered wireless router (ASUS RT-N66U) and that made a big difference with the wireless devices.

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup 

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#77 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

This is not true. You cannot order NFL Sunday Ticket right now. I have no idea why you are spreading false information.

The other guy is correct Hoosier. A person can add NFL ST Max for the 2013 season now, if they wish. They also offered it early last year, for customers who want to pay it off early, instead of waiting to the fall. As stated though, the base (non-Max) NFL ST is not yet available to add. You can go to Directv.com/nfl and you'll see it's available to add. If you click on activate now while logged out, you'll even see it specifically states for the 2013 season.
--
In answer to the OP, I use to have comcast (still do for internet), and I love my DTV. HD is great, and if you like sports, then DTV is the leader in that department. Good luck in your choice!

Edited by HinterXGames, 18 January 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#78 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

The other guy is correct Hoosier. A person can add NFL ST Max for the 2013 season now, if they wish. They also offered it early last year, for customers who want to pay it off early, instead of waiting to the fall. As stated though, the base (non-Max) NFL ST is not yet available to add. You can go to Directv.com/nfl and you'll see it's available to add. If you click on activate now while logged out, you'll even see it specifically states for the 2013 season.
--
In answer to the OP, I use to have comcast (still do for internet), and I love my DTV. HD is great, and if you like sports, then DTV is the leader in that department. Good luck in your choice!

Thanks bro.

#79 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Np. Btw, love the Avatar! :lol::D

#80 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

This is not true. You cannot order NFL Sunday Ticket right now. I have no idea why you are spreading false information.

Agreed.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...