Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Leaving AT&T for DirecTV

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I've enjoyed learning about the different services, I avoided the satellite companies for years, assuming the worst from them, till I did this research. Now I know more and understand the technologies etc, I'm glad to have gotten this much information and knowledge. The whole while, its been in my gut that its just not the right time to make the switch, and even though I did go ahead and get signed up, something still made me wonder and second guess, but it wasn't because I didn't like or trust D*, it was something else in my gut...well this was it, the house move came clear and that was all I needed to solidify my doubts. If all goes smooth and we are moved in a few months, I'll be enjoying D* for the NBA finals, and all the good summer shows.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#162 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Deer Creek and Edmond are the likely spots, my wife is wanting Deer Creek for the school district. You're right it might be a while, but still we've decided to wait. I guess we'll see what they try to tell me when I call.

I found out today that a buddy at work just moved from Deer Creek to the Piedmont district (around 122nd between Council & County Line). His wife wants the daughter to graduate from Piedmont. Usually you hear about folks moving to the Deer Creek district rather than away. Is Deer Creek getting too big already?

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup 

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#163 OFFLINE   ryman

ryman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Just my 2 cents on the subject - if you plan on moving I would wait to get setup with DirecTV. If you setup now and move in lets say 3 months - they will ask $200 for a tech to come reinstall at the new residence.

On another note, the 44 is going to be amazing (my co-worker is in BETA) but not when its launched nationally - I would wait a good 6 months to ensure all the bugs are worked out. DTV learned their lesson with the Genie and C31 clients and wont be pre-mature in releasing the 44 until their confident in its operation.
To each his own...

HR34-700 connected to Samsung 46" LED

(2) C31-700 Clients (1 connected WiFi adapter)

(2) HR24-500's

HR22-100

H24-700

Directv nomad

All connected via SWM16 to Ka/Ku5 and 36" International

#164 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

I found out today that a buddy at work just moved from Deer Creek to the Piedmont district (around 122nd between Council & County Line). His wife wants the daughter to graduate from Piedmont. Usually you hear about folks moving to the Deer Creek district rather than away. Is Deer Creek getting too big already?

Yeah, I think Deer Creek is getting big, too fast, like Edmond back in the day, so Piedmont is like the less busy but still good area. I don't know much more than that, its all generalizations. I haven't spent much time in either, but Deer Creek is directly north of where I am now, and there are all kinds of schools going up.

#165 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Just my 2 cents on the subject - if you plan on moving I would wait to get setup with DirecTV. If you setup now and move in lets say 3 months - they will ask $200 for a tech to come reinstall at the new residence.

On another note, the 44 is going to be amazing (my co-worker is in BETA) but not when its launched nationally - I would wait a good 6 months to ensure all the bugs are worked out. DTV learned their lesson with the Genie and C31 clients and wont be pre-mature in releasing the 44 until their confident in its operation.

Agreed, and this is what I've done, I figure by the time I've sold my house, moved and ready for D* install, the HR44 should be out there and part of the daily installs.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...