Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish Anywhere App

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 555 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Just got an upgrade to Dish online android app. Very nice ui, but anytime I try to watch something it gets stuck on "optimizing at 100%". Nexus 7. Everything seems faster, all dvr recordings show up. Only landscape mode.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Just got an upgrade to Dish online android app. Very nice ui, but anytime I try to watch something it gets stuck on "optimizing at 100%". Nexus 7. Everything seems faster, all dvr recordings shore up. Only landscape mode.

Are you trying to Sling? If so, try resetting the receiver.

#3 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 555 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Thanks! Working now. I actually just hit the "reset" in the app, and it reset my Hopper, and started working. Much nicer than it use to be!

#4 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

MUCH nicer!

#5 OFFLINE   ronton3

ronton3

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

I don't have a sling but I am still impressed with the app on the mini it makes it like a remote, maybe better----and quicker than I would have imagined. ron

#6 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 555 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Been using this a few days, its so much better! Only thing is when you hit "live" it goes to a Dish screen, but what's nice is you can select a live channel and it won't change the channel you are watching on the TV that the sling is attached to. So you can be watching CBS on your TV, and NBC on your device, not disturbing the person at home.

Also doesn't put the message on your tv that another device has connected. Speed is fast, quality is great.

spam firewall