Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fox Soccer Channel will become FXX in Sept

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Fox Networks is planning to split its successful FX channel into two networks as part of a larger effort to enlarge its cable footprint.

A new network, tentatively called FXX, would target younger viewers -- millennials -- with a skew towards comedy, according to media executives who have been briefed on the plans.

The network would program some of the original comedy series that now appear on FX, such as The League and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It would also be stocked with appropriate theatrical movies from a stockpile FX has been building in deals with nearly all of the major studios over the past few years.

The plans call for a launch in September with about 75 million subscribers. Many of those subscribers would come from the Fox Soccer channel, according to a report in the Los Angeles Times.

More: http://www.broadcast..._Cable_Nets.php

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Is it just me or does FXX sound like something that ought to be part of the "adult channel" line-up?

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#3 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Is it just me or does FXX sound like something that ought to be part of the "adult channel" line-up?

I agree. Dumb name. I suppose now they'll want even more cash from us.

#5 OFFLINE   pgde

pgde

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I read the press release and am still confused. Does this mean that Fox Soccer Channel is history? No more soccer? This may be related to the fact that NBC outbid Fox in carriage rights for the English Premier League starting next season.

#6 OFFLINE   moghedien

moghedien

Legend

• Registered
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I read the press release and am still confused. Does this mean that Fox Soccer Channel is history? No more soccer? This may be related to the fact that NBC outbid Fox in carriage rights for the English Premier League starting next season.

I believe that Fox is introducing a new sports channel 'Fox sports 1' that will probably take up any soccer porperties Fox still has...

#7 OFFLINE   larryharry59

larryharry59

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

NBC will have the EPL next year but Fox will still have rights to the English FA Cup, the Scottish Premier League and UEFA Champions League so they will be shown on Fox Sports 1 and 2. Also Fox has the rights to all Fifa mens and womens World Cups including the underage ones starting in 2015.

#8 OFFLINE   pgde

pgde

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the replies guys!

P.

spam firewall