Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP 622 Single Tuner Out

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   swissy

swissy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Tuner 1 doesn't like the signal from the dish. Signal screen shows below 25 and it can't find the sat name. Tuner 2 is just fine. Not so bad because we usually use one tuner at a time, but if it is recording we can't watch anything except recorded content.

Tried unplugging and all that stuff. Checked connections and they are all good.

Any thoughts? I think the box is bad, but I'm open to suggestions.
Peter

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Tuner 1 doesn't like the signal from the dish. Signal screen shows below 25 and it can't find the sat name. Tuner 2 is just fine. Not so bad because we usually use one tuner at a time, but if it is recording we can't watch anything except recorded content.

Tried unplugging and all that stuff. Checked connections and they are all good.

Any thoughts? I think the box is bad, but I'm open to suggestions.

Try switching the lines between tuner 1/2. Does the problem stay on the tuner or follow the cable?

#3 OFFLINE   swissy

swissy

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

My line form the outside is a single line and splits just behind the receiver. I'll try, but it's hard to think the 6 inch piece of cable has gone bad.

Could be the combiner/splitter or whatever it's called so I'll try. Not sure Why I didn't think of that.
Peter

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

My line form the outside is a single line and splits just behind the receiver. I'll try, but it's hard to think the 6 inch piece of cable has gone bad.

Could be the combiner/splitter or whatever it's called so I'll try. Not sure Why I didn't think of that.

Yeah the separator can go bad and cause these symptoms. I would bet that's the issue.

#5 OFFLINE   swissy

swissy

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Can't really "flip" the cables in this situation because of the 1 line from outside. Input 1 carries the power. However, I eliminated everything and went straight from the dish to tuner 1 and results were the same. Tuner 1 seems to be bunk. Maybe after 7 years it just doesn't want to work anymore.
Peter

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

or the F-connector, soldered to 622's main PCB become loose - sometimes central contact is developing micro-crack and in years does lost connection

#7 ONLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,959 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Assuming you did a check switch when you made the transitions, you're probably right about the tuner being dead. You'll want to watch or archive everything on it in preparation for returning it.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I would say malfunctioning, not dead as per OP

Signal screen shows below 25

#9 OFFLINE   swissy

swissy

AllStar