Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Media Share for Mac?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Just got a Mac mini with mountain lion, and noticed media share is no longer available on my HR34. I've always been a PC guy, so not sure what steps I might need to take to get that back up and running with a Mac?

#2 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Just got a Mac mini with mountain lion, and noticed media share is no longer available on my HR34. I've always been a PC guy, so not sure what steps I might need to take to get that back up and running with a Mac?

I use ps3mediaserver if I need media share.
http://ps3mediaserver.org
It works fairly well for photos and music. It's free, light weight, etc.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 11.09.54 PM.png

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#3 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,971 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

OS X does not come with a DLNA client. I have tried Twonky, EyeConnect and iSedora on my Mac. Of the three I like iSedora best. It works fine for music and photos, but the bit rate of video files often exceeds the maximum which Directv supports. I have been able to recode videos to a lower bit rate, but that takes time (the program I use, Video Hub, is no longer available). For watching video files I prefer to use my WDTV Live as a media client.

#4 OFFLINE   chiefgeek

chiefgeek

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

OS X does not come with a DLNA client. I have tried Twonky, EyeConnect and iSedora on my Mac. Of the three I like iSedora best. It works fine for music and photos, but the bit rate of video files often exceeds the maximum which Directv supports. I have been able to recode videos to a lower bit rate, but that takes time (the program I use, Video Hub, is no longer available). For watching video files I prefer to use my WDTV Live as a media client.

How does your WDTV connect to your Mac? Smb has been broken since lion came out for me.
Slimline-5 -> swim16 -> HR34-700, HR24-100, 2 HR23-700, HR21-700
Object Oriented Javascript

spam firewall