Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Weird New Problem with one of my 622's

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   the admiral

the admiral

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I have two identical 622's running L713 software. One runs great but the other one has started doing weird things. When the weather is great outside, it gets that picture like when you get bad rain or wind fade, so bad it is un-watchable.

To be more specific, the moving part of each picture seems to smear and pixelate horribly. When it gets really bad, the machine shuts down and reboots.

I have great signal strength on this box and the other 622 shares this same dish.

Any ideas. The box is 5+ years old.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

I have two identical 622's running L713 software. One runs great but the other one has started doing weird things. When the weather is great outside, it gets that picture like when you get bad rain or wind fade, so bad it is un-watchable.

To be more specific, the moving part of each picture seems to smear and pixelate horribly. When it gets really bad, the machine shuts down and reboots.

I have great signal strength on this box and the other 622 shares this same dish.

Any ideas. The box is 5+ years old.

I would run a checkswitch to see if it helps. If not, try swapping boxes, re running a checkswitch on each box and see if the issue remains in that room or if it follows the receiver. If its rebooting, I would also temporarily bypass your surge protector to see if it helps.

#3 OFFLINE   peano

peano

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

I suspect the hard drive is failing.

#4 OFFLINE   the admiral

the admiral

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

I have it on an APC UPS, could that be the problem?

#5 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 866 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I have it on an APC UPS, could that be the problem?

Shouldn't be a problem. I have everything running on various UPS's. Even have a small one powering the DPP44 switch.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#6 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

I have to agree with what has already been posted, hard drive, not surprising considering it is a 622, probably original hard drive.

#7 OFFLINE   the admiral

the admiral

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

I tried doing check switch, removing UPS etc.. Still acting up. I have realized that it mainly messes up when there are two programs recording at the same time. Does that sound like the disk drive?

Also, if I have to replace the unit, can back it up with the External Hard Drive and reload on the new unit?

#8 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I tried doing check switch, removing UPS etc.. Still acting up. I have realized that it mainly messes up when there are two programs recording at the same time. Does that sound like the disk drive?

Also, if I have to replace the unit, can back it up with the External Hard Drive and reload on the new unit?

Yes and Yes

#9 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Actually I used to have a similar issue. It turned out to be a bad LNB. There is record of system health in the menu. I'm not at home right now to tell you how to find it right now. DPP+ LNB's do go bad over time, they start to drift. My problem went away when E* replaced it.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...