Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper Remote Control

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fwampler

fwampler

Legend

• Registered
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

The skip forward 30 sec button on my RC is beginning to feel sticky like the return mechanism is losing its spring. I've used the remote about 2 months now.

Anybody else seeing this? Are there alternatives for obtaining a new/replacement remote or might they do the same in 2 months or so? Is anyone's not behaving this way? Any constructive information would be appreciated.
Fred

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,702 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

check its batteries first, they could be low in capacity by various reasons

#3 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

I doubt batteries would make buttons not spring back properly. I've had mine for a long time and they still feel fine. Have kids spilled anything in them? Soda?

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

You could also try de linking from system info and then relink to see if that helps.

#5 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Not uncommon for remote buttons to get "sticky". Call DISH and explain that some of the buttons are not functioning and they will send you a new one. If you have Service Plan on your account, it will be free, otherwise they may or may not charge you for the shipping.

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,702 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I doubt batteries would make buttons not spring back properly. I've had mine for a long time and they still feel fine. Have kids spilled anything in them? Soda?

there is well know side effect when plastic part of the remote emanate sort of "glue" to PCB with pads; it wouldn't be so hard to open it and remove the residue

#7 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

I have seen this before with other people's remotes. Mine never have that issue but I've told people to use cornstarch and that does the trick.

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#8 OFFLINE   fwampler

fwampler

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the prompt replies. I'll try simple first. Will let you know the results how this turn out.
Fred

#9 OFFLINE   fwampler

fwampler

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Not uncommon for remote buttons to get "sticky". Call DISH and explain that some of the buttons are not functioning and they will send you a new one. If you have Service Plan on your account, it will be free, otherwise they may or may not charge you for the shipping.

You were absolutely correct. New remote is on the way. Will arrive in two days by Blue UPS. No charge as I do have the service plan (4 month requirement).

I have a MyDish internet account. I strongly recommend everyone getting and using one. I logged into my account. Started chat mode with technician and had the remote ordered and on its way in about 5 minutes. I also use MyDish account for viewing perks, specials, scheduling programs, timer maintenance, etc. Seems like most anything can be accomplished from this account.

Needless to say that I am super pleased with Dish network support and capabilities. Well done.
Fred

spam firewall