Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

922 Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Got a fantastic deal on a NIB 922 from a dealer that was going out of business and I installed it on Wednesday, so far so good, but it does seem to have a mind of its own now and then.

I actually think I have spent more time playing Texas Hold Em than watching any television show with it.

The only annoyance is every morning the guide has reverted back to MY CHANNELS from my Favorites that I leave it on. Is this normal or is it just acting up?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Got a fantastic deal on a NIB 922 from a dealer that was going out of business and I installed it on Wednesday, so far so good, but it does seem to have a mind of its own now and then.

I actually think I have spent more time playing Texas Hold Em than watching any television show with it.

The only annoyance is every morning the guide has reverted back to MY CHANNELS from my Favorites that I leave it on. Is this normal or is it just acting up?

Normal, it was changed in a software update to reduce issues customers were having with missing channels due to them being on a custom list that didn't have those channels or people seeing channels and then thinking they should have access and in turn end up calling dish just for an agent to educate them.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,721 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

It's strange kind of method working on a bugs - instead of squash a bug what annoying customers - just mask it;
or force the DVRs reboot each night instead of working out on memory leaking, system memory corruption, stacks overload, etc

BTW, how much you paid for it ?

#4 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

$230 for the 922 and a OTA mod for $25, both NIB, no remans.

spam firewall