Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL CI - no Pitt/Philly?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   330cic

330cic

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

I thought that last season we got most of the Philly and Pitt games on Center Ice. But this afternoon's Penguins/Flyers game is nowhere to be found. Its Kings/Hawks in NBC (we live in Texas) or Sens/Jets on 769. Maybe its because the east is probably getting the Philly/Pitts game on NBC?
SteveH

-- 42" of pure Panasonic plasma paradise!
-- DirecTivo HDVR2 (modified to 144 hrs for the wife)
-- HR20-700 for me
-- Wii + XBOX360 + HR20 all wired to my LAN

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

You can watch both NBC games on the NBC website or on their ap. it won't be on NHLCI.

#3 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

NBC games aren't available on any provider via Center Ice. However you can watch them online

Kings/Hawks:
http://nhlstream.nbcsports.com
Pitt/Philly:
http://nhlstream2.nbcsports.com

#4 OFFLINE   330cic

330cic

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Thanks all!
SteveH

-- HR20-700 for me

#5 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

The Penguins/Flyers game is supposed to be on NBC in NYC according to both the guide and the schedule on NHL.com, but I am getting the Blackhawks/Kings game.

#6 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,694 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

The Penguins/Flyers game is supposed to be on NBC in NYC according to both the guide and the schedule on NHL.com, but I am getting the Blackhawks/Kings game.

Same here. Looks like their feeds are messed up.

#7 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

ON NOW !! They stayed in LA til the Flyers game started according to the Flyers facebook page

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#8 OFFLINE   spiketoo

spiketoo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

This makes no sense. If NBC is going to show multiple games, the offset games should be on CI. I believe it's been that way previously. Can you imagine if the NFL did this???

What's the point of CI then?

#9 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

This makes no sense. If NBC is going to show multiple games, the offset games should be on CI. I believe it's been that way previously. Can you imagine if the NFL did this???

What's the point of CI then?

FOX / MLB is changing that.

Maybe NBC / NHL needs to copy that.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#10 OFFLINE   330cic

330cic

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Looks like our local NBC switched over when the first promo timeout hit the Kings/Hawks game. We now have Flyers/Pens. Go figure...
SteveH

-- HR20-700 for me

#11 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

They switched it late...an NBC issue.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#12 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Sounds like it was planned that way so everyone could watch their King's raise the banner.

#13 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Same thing on my Shaw Direct system and my C band system. The game was also not on Center Ice, with Shaw. I even went over the air, here in Watertown, NY area, and both the Syracuse and Rochester stations were Kings/Hawks, until midway into the first period. Someone was asleep at the switch.

At least the homies, in LA, got to raise their bandanna to the roof.

#14 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 989 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Whenever NBC has had regional coverage in recent years (only once or twice a year - most NBC games are national), they stagger the start times of the games so that they can have look-ins during the intermission breaks. The start times are about 10 minutes apart. Today, the Flyers game started after the Kings game, so the entire country saw the beginning of the Kings game.

As for NBC on Center Ice, that used to be true when NBC had three regional games every week (this would've been the first couple of years after the previous lockout), and it was also true back when ABC and (previously) FOX had NHL TV rights. Later, NBC switched to televising their NHL games nationally every week, at which point the games were dropped from Center Ice. Then, more recently, they started having occasional regional coverage (as I said, only once or twice a season). These games are excluded from Center Ice and GameCenter Live, but they are available from nbcsports.com. It is my understanding that nbcsports.com has exclusive rights for out-of-market access to NBC regional games under the current contract.

#15 OFFLINE   spiketoo

spiketoo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Whenever NBC has had regional coverage in recent years (only once or twice a year - most NBC games are national), they stagger the start times of the games so that they can have look-ins during the intermission breaks. The start times are about 10 minutes apart. Today, the Flyers game started after the Kings game, so the entire country saw the beginning of the Kings game.

As for NBC on Center Ice, that used to be true when NBC had three regional games every week (this would've been the first couple of years after the previous lockout), and it was also true back when ABC and (previously) FOX had NHL TV rights. Later, NBC switched to televising their NHL games nationally every week, at which point the games were dropped from Center Ice. Then, more recently, they started having occasional regional coverage (as I said, only once or twice a season). These games are excluded from Center Ice and GameCenter Live, but they are available from nbcsports.com. It is my understanding that nbcsports.com has exclusive rights for out-of-market access to NBC regional games under the current contract.

Then this is just another in the myriad of NHL screwups. THEY set the carriage contracts. Pathetic.

#16 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

So NBC showed the banner raising. What's the big deal? Where did they screw up?

#17 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

In markets that were supposed to get Flyers/Penguins they left the LA game on and joined it late.

#18 OFFLINE   blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone

Godfather

• Registered
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

nbc dumped most markets out of hawks/kings when the pens/flyers 3rd period started. didnt say why, just switched everybody.

#19 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

They made no mention of changing some markets to the other game after the raising. They completely ignored the fact that some people were seeing something different that what their schedule and guide told them.
DTV = Digital Television

#20 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

In markets that were supposed to get Flyers/Penguins they left the LA game on and joined it late.

They did? My NBC switched right on time and I saw the opening face-off.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

spam firewall