Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Can anyone recomend a wireless hd video transmitter?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vid53

vid53

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I am looking for a HD video transmitter unit that works well with the Directv genie DVR.

Thanks for any help

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,928 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

I just did search here and found many threads ...
this one is your http://www.dbstalk.c...deo transmitter

#3 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 579 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

I am looking for a HD video transmitter unit that works well with the Directv genie DVR.

I have been thinking of getting a Gefen based on my prior (excellent) experience with other Gefen products. It retails for around $250.

#4 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

I installed the $180 Iogeer unit about a month and a half ago.

To be frank, I expected very little, but it has worked nearly perfectly. About once every other week the receiver needs to be unplugged from the wall wart. Performance wise, the picture is perfect and the sound is fine. I don't know there is not an HDMI cable connecting the TV.

I had 2 D* receivers to pick to connect, I used the closest, about 15 feet transmitting range, no walls or floors. (I really expected it to not work)

Works so well, I might put it on the second box, one floor down, about 20 feet away.

Had to use the wireless, TV is above a brick/cement fireplace structure, $$$ to hide the cabling was staggering.

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

While they can work, fine, they are completely at the mercy of the reliability of a decent wireless signal, which can be challenging at the least.

#6 OFFLINE   Vin

Vin

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I use this system with an HDMI switch to send 3 sources (two HR2x HD DVRS and a a Roku box) from my basement to my bedroom on the 1st floor, works great > http://www.ebay.com/...d=181056707503
Vin

Protected By... spam firewall...And...