Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV is EVIL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
262 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,478 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

You usually need to have gone through a number of hoops to get an audience with Case Management. Surely anyone can end up there but it will almost certainly be an extraordinary situation.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought or actual experience.

Bold, italicized added to a harsh tagline.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#182 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,236 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

You usually need to have gone through a number of hoops to get an audience with Case Management. Surely anyone can end up there but it will almost certainly be an extraordinary situation.

I've dealt with them twice in the past year (my only two times dealing with DirecTV.) The first was when I was having problems with my nomad not transcoding certain shows. Automatically sent to Case Management.
Second time was when I had a 2nd DVR fail in three months (both of them years old and both were received as refurbished units). Automatically routed to Case Management.

I didn't go through any hoops; didn't demand to have my situation elevated.

Seemed to me that they have a procedure in place as when to send someone to Case Management

#183 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,256 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I've dealt with them twice in the past year (my only two times dealing with DirecTV.) The first was when I was having problems with my nomad not transcoding certain shows. Automatically sent to Case Management.
Second time was when I had a 2nd DVR fail in three months (both of them years old and both were received as refurbished units). Automatically routed to Case Management.

I didn't go through any hoops; didn't demand to have my situation elevated.

Seemed to me that they have a procedure in place as when to send someone to Case Management

Is it a well established procedure?

(Sorry)
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#184 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Is it a well established procedure?

(Sorry)

Haha! :)
DTV = Digital Television

#185 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Perhaps we all should double-check that we have the right email addresses in our contacts for the next person who needs them. It's easy to goof. :) The OP used this address after it was suggested to him.

After reviewing the thread, it's obvious that there was a miscommunication, but I can't be sure whether it was the OP or someone at DirecTV or--as is often the case--both.

Actually if you read through post 25 on the first page you will see he actually had the correct email address but they spelled it wrong per the bounce back message

Post # 8

I used the following addresses that I got from Consumerist:

bruce.churchhill@directv.com, bbchurchhill@directv.com: EVP
john.murphy@directv.com, jfmurphy@directv.com: SVP, Controller, CAO
patrick.doyle@directv.com, ptdoyle@directv.com: SVP, CFO
HZBitew@directv.com: Heywot Bitew
eafilipiak@directv.com: Ellen Filipiak
Chase Carey, email chase.carey@directv.com.

Post #25

Recipient address: ellen.filpiak@directv.com
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.4.1 ellen.filpiak@directv.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied
Remote system: dns;mail.messaging.microsoft.com (TCP|17.158.232.236|61089|216.32.180.22|25)

Notice the spelling of the name, no one but him posted email addresses between those posts, their error and no one elses

#186 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,236 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

Actually if you read through post 25 on the first page you will see he actually had the correct email address but they spelled it wrong per the bounce back message

Post # 8

I used the following addresses that I got from Consumerist:

bruce.churchhill@directv.com, bbchurchhill@directv.com: EVP
john.murphy@directv.com, jfmurphy@directv.com: SVP, Controller, CAO
patrick.doyle@directv.com, ptdoyle@directv.com: SVP, CFO
HZBitew@directv.com: Heywot Bitew
eafilipiak@directv.com: Ellen Filipiak
Chase Carey, email chase.carey@directv.com.

Post #25

Recipient address: ellen.filpiak@directv.com
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.4.1 ellen.filpiak@directv.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied
Remote system: dns;mail.messaging.microsoft.com (TCP|17.158.232.236|61089|216.32.180.22|25)

Notice the spelling of the name, no one but him posted email addresses between those posts, their error and no one elses

His post post with email address (#8) -- he has her last name spelled correctly. The email address is not the one 'advertised' to send to her group. Is it a direct email address? I couldn't answer that.

On his bounce back post which appears to list the email addresses he actually used, he has her last name and email address both wrong -- he left out the 'i' between the 'l' and 'p' (and there are other posts in this thread that do the same).

http://investor.directv.com/contact_cs.cfm

From what I've read over the past several years, if you send an email to her, you get a response and a resolution.

#187 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,262 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

My point is that you can't call Case Management (what I interpreted the question to be). You have to call Customer Service and they refer/forward you, if appropriate, to Case Management.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#188 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I didn't have to jump thru a lot of Hoops but they just couldn't fix my problem so they Escalated it to Case Management and now Case Management is having a problem with the technical people responding in a timely fashion so it is being Escalated up to a Higher Level whatever that means. :D
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#189 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,351 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Doug or Earl? :)

#190 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Doug or Earl? :)

Now just what does this Post mean??? :lol:
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#191 OFFLINE   hjones4841

hjones4841

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Should we contact the FTC about DirecTV's ads regarding highest customer satisfaction? Guess that only applies to those who never make any changes...

Or maybe its like the car ads that brag about J.D. Power ratings "for customers who have only driven their car once." :lol:

Edited by hjones4841, 24 January 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#192 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Should we contact the FTC about DirecTV's ads regarding highest customer satisfaction?

Considering that it is factual...no. They did not declare themselves that, the American Customer Satisfaction Index did.

Edited by Hoosier205, 24 January 2013 - 12:37 PM.

DTV = Digital Television

#193 OFFLINE   pdxBeav

pdxBeav

Godfather

• Registered
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

http://www.theacsi.o...evision Service

#194 OFFLINE   hjones4841

hjones4841

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Considering that it is factual...no. They did not declare themselves that, the American Customer Satisfaction Index did.

Thanks for the clarification. I will have to listen to the commercial again, perhaps they say "rated as" which leaves it open. Sure seems like a close race between Dish and DirecTV.

#195 OFFLINE   pdxBeav

pdxBeav

Godfather

• Registered
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I will have to listen to the commercial again, perhaps they say "rated as" which leaves it open. Sure seems like a close race between Dish and DirecTV.

They all suck, but they are near the top of bunch.

#196 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

His post post with email address (#8) -- he has her last name spelled correctly. The email address is not the one 'advertised' to send to her group. Is it a direct email address? I couldn't answer that.

On his bounce back post which appears to list the email addresses he actually used, he has her last name and email address both wrong -- he left out the 'i' between the 'l' and 'p' (and there are other posts in this thread that do the same).

http://investor.directv.com/contact_cs.cfm

From what I've read over the past several years, if you send an email to her, you get a response and a resolution.

Correct - They spelled it worng = the OP spelled it wrong in the first email

#197 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,236 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Correct - They spelled it wrong = the OP spelled it wrong in the first email

OK. I guess I misunderstood you when you said they had it wrong but he had the correct email address.

#198 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Should we contact the FTC about DirecTV's ads regarding highest customer satisfaction? Guess that only applies to those who never make any changes...

Or maybe its like the car ads that brag about J.D. Power ratings "for customers who have only driven their car once." :lol:

Hahaha you might wanna Google FTC...just sayin
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#199 OFFLINE   Griffs77

Griffs77

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Am I misreading pdxBeav's link that Dish is rated 1 point higher than D*TV?

#200 OFFLINE   JohnVT

JohnVT

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Correct - They spelled it worng = the OP spelled it wrong in the first email

It was misspelled (typo) in post #7. It looks like that's where the OP picked up the incorrect spelling, and there's no other post with evidence the OP ever corrected that and actually sent the email to Ms Filipiak's office again.

spam firewall