Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV is EVIL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
262 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Actually, you can buy Sunday Ticket. It's not included in new customer offers at the moment, but the ST Max (not base) is currently available to add for the 2013 season. It's for customers who would like to pay it off earlier in the year for the upcoming season and not wait until the fall.
--
EDIT: Oh, nevermind 242424. I see what you were doing there. Ignore my post.

Edited by HinterXGames, 20 January 2013 - 01:04 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,985 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

To Whom It May Concern,

If by sharing my story with the public I can convince just 10 people to not sign up for your service, then the cancelation fee will have been well worth it.
Sincerely,
A very disgusted formerly happy DirecTV subscriber

Wow. Not only disgruntled, but vindictive.

Adios.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#23 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,944 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Okay everyone, be constrictive and civil or don't post.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#24 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

As TANK said above, to bad you didn't find 'us' earlier. It looks like at least two of your email addresses where you sent this are wrong. Ellen's office, by all accounts, is very responsive and from what I've read, they do respond to all issues. Good luck.

#25 OFFLINE   DirecTVSucks

DirecTVSucks

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Bounceback's on every email address

Recipient address: ellen.filpiak@directv.com
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.4.1 ellen.filpiak@directv.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied
Remote system: dns;mail.messaging.microsoft.com (TCP|17.158.232.236|61089|216.32.180.22|25)
Recipient address: bbchurchhill@directv.com
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.4.1 bbchurchhill@directv.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied
Remote system: dns;mail.messaging.microsoft.com (TCP|17.158.232.237|50184|216.32.180.22|25)
Recipient address: bruce.churchhill@directv.com
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.4.1 bruce.churchhill@directv.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied
Remote system: dns;mail.messaging.microsoft.com (TCP|17.158.232.237|50184|216.32.180.22|25)
Recipient address: chase.carey@directv.com
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.4.1 chase.carey@directv.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied
Recipient address: dlsadlouskos@directv.com
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.4.1 dlsadlouskos@directv.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied
Recipient address: john.murphy@directv.com
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.4.1 john.murphy@directv.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied
Recipient address: michael.johnson@directv.com
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.4.1 michael.johnson@directv.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied
Recipient address: ptdoyle@directv.com
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.4.1 ptdoyle@directv.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied

#26 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

As TANK said above, to bad you didn't find 'us' earlier. It looks like at least two of your email addresses where you sent this are wrong. Ellen's office, by all accounts, is very responsive and from what I've read, they do respond to all issues. Good luck.

And when one spams a company, one is less likely to get a response.

#27 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Almost amusing. I wrote my previous post without seeing your list of rejected e-mails. Looks like DIRECTV® may have an auto rejector set up for such multiple "cross posts"....

Did you really expect several members of management to deal with your situation?

#28 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Recipient address: ellen.filpiak@directv.com
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.4.1 ellen.filpiak@directv.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied

So everyone you sent was rejected?

I see the problem with Ellen's (which BTW, isn't the same address you listed above). Should be: ellen.filipiak@directv.com (you left out an 'i' between the 'l' and 'p').

#29 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,944 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

<snip>

Part of the problem is those are very old email adresses. For example, Chase Carey left DIRECTV in 2009. I don't know but I'll bet most or all of them are no longer valid.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#30 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

To the OP, I really am sorry to hear about your experience. I won't comment further on that, as all of the details aren't available. Good luck in your future services.

#31 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Part of the problem is those are very old email adresses. For example, Chase Carey left DIRECTV in 2009. I don't know but I'll bet most or all of them are no longer valid.

Mike

I think the more important point is one doesn't spam the upper management of a company; it's counter-productive.

#32 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,210 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I think the more important point is one doesn't spam the upper management of a company; it's counter-productive.

If someone thinks they have a grievance, how should they go about voicing it?

Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Youtube)?

BBB?

Consumer Reports?

DSL Reports?

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#33 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

OP, since none of your emails went through, I would consider rewriting your letter, be civil, leave out the social media threats, explain your problem, put in what you think the solution should be, and send it to the address listed above for ellen.filpiak@directv.com.

I have never heard of anyone waiting more than two days for a response.

See how they handle your issue, and post back with the results.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#34 OFFLINE   DirecTVSucks

DirecTVSucks

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Exactly, I don't want to SPAM their management, they do have other things to worry about than just me. But what am I to do if I am not getting a response from customer service or escalations support I am not sure what else to do.

#35 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,490 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

You did get a response. They told you there was nothing they could do to remove the ETF. At that point, you had a choice to make and you made it. Case closed. Start enjoying your new provider and move on.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#36 OFFLINE   DirecTVSucks

DirecTVSucks

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

In a normal situation if I just decided I did not want my service for whatever reason, I can understand paying a cancellation fee. I would be more than happy to in that instance. However in this case I do not feel that I ever got the service for which I signed up for or was promised, hence me disputing the ETF.

#37 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,490 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Or maybe you misunderstood what you signed up for.

Either way, you were told you'd have to pay an ETF and with that information, decided to cancel anyway.

Maybe something will come of it for you, but if I were D*, I wouldn't give you anything. You're simply a former customer now.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#38 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

In a normal situation if I just decided I did not want my service for whatever reason, I can understand paying a cancellation fee. I would be more than happy to in that instance. However in this case I do not feel that I ever got the service for which I signed up for or was promised, hence me disputing the ETF.

Promised? That rate was never guaranteed to you for two years.
DTV = Digital Television

#39 OFFLINE   DirecTVSucks

DirecTVSucks

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Actually since we were returning DirecTV customers, they were having a loyalty program offer and giving me a gift card = rebates for canceling other service and returning to them. The rebates paid for any fees associated with the other providers to cancel. As a thank you, it was a 2 year price lock guarantee.

#40 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Actually since we were returning DirecTV customers, they were having a loyalty program offer and giving me a gift card = rebates for canceling other service and returning to them. The rebates paid for any fees associated with the other providers to cancel. As a thank you, it was a 2 year price lock guarantee.

You failed to pay attention to what you were agreeing to. Good luck with your new provider. You didn't come here for help. You came to tell your are avoiding taking responsibility for your own errors and have decided to spam random email accounts in an effort to defer blame.

You should pay the fee that you are responsible for and move on.

Edited by Hoosier205, 20 January 2013 - 02:09 PM.

DTV = Digital Television

Protected By... spam firewall...And...