Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV is EVIL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
262 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   DirecTVSucks

DirecTVSucks

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I love how you automatically side with the corporate giant and assume that I am clearly wrong in what I agreed to. DirecTV could in no way be at fault according to you....you obviously have not seen the vast myriad of internet postings referring to the exact same situation that I am in. I have a legitimate grievance and DirecTV can SEE the original contract that I signed up for, they agree with me, state that they are going to change it, don't end up changing it to rectify their mistakes, and I have to call them back again the next month. I was told to post here because DirecTV often times monitors this site and maybe I could get some help that way.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Brubear

Brubear

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

If the Office of the President gets involved they will pull the call and verify that the offer made was not misrepresented. I believe all sales calls are kept, as well as the secondary verification that occurs when an upgrade offer is placed. Not only does the caller speak with the person who placed the order, they go to a 3rd party who verifies - on that call - what the account holder agreed to, and what they are getting.
The current offer on a mover's upgrade (and the one likely given the poster) is 3 months of comped advanced services + 3 months free premium channels. DirecTV does not, and have not had, locked in 2 year rates. Section 1D of the customer service agreement states specifically that they may change rates at any time based on various external pressures.
My opinion is that it is a regrettable miscommunication, and options may exist for the op if Ms Filipiak gets involved, but I strongly suspect that once the calls are pulled, the accuracy of the original order will be verified.

my comments and opinions are my own and do not suggest endorsement by my employer

#43 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

...and assume that I am clearly wrong in what I agreed to.

You are.

I was told to post here because DirecTV often times monitors this site and maybe I could get some help that way.

They don't.

Pay the ETF you are responsible for or allow it to go to collections. Hopefully they will be able to recover something.
DTV = Digital Television

#44 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

If the Office of the President gets involved they will pull the call and verify that the offer made was not misrepresented. I believe all sales calls are kept, as well as the secondary verification that occurs when an upgrade offer is placed. Not only does the caller speak with the person who placed the order, they go to a 3rd party who verifies - on that call - what the account holder agreed to, and what they are getting.
The current offer on a mover's upgrade (and the one likely given the poster) is 3 months of comped advanced services + 3 months free premium channels. DirecTV does not, and have not had, locked in 2 year rates. Section 1D of the customer service agreement states specifically that they may change rates at any time based on various external pressures.
My opinion is that it is a regrettable miscommunication, and options may exist for the op if Ms Filipiak gets involved, but I strongly suspect that once the calls are pulled, the accuracy of the original order will be verified.

+1

I am all for companies being held accountable and honoring their own agreements. I am also tired of hearing about consumers not being held to some reasonable standard as well.
DTV = Digital Television

#45 OFFLINE   DirecTVSucks

DirecTVSucks

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

See this is what I don't get from all of you. DirecTV agrees with me. They see the notes in my account. They realize I have an issue with the account. They admit that there is an issue with their system. They attempt to rectify the situation. The next month the same situation arises again. Their billing system is having issues. I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND 2 HOURS ON THE PHONE EACH MONTH TO FIX THE ISSUE. I have spoken with 3 different account mangers not front line support. All of them state that they see the credits that should have been applied and are not being correctly applied. All of them agree that I should have a lower bill. At what point do I as a consumer get to say enough is enough. Evidently never according to each and every one of you. I should just keep bending over and taking it. I am being penalized because they do not care enough to fix the issues with their system. All they have to do is honor their agreement. Fix the system and I would happily stay a customer. They do have the best digital signal out there. They can all see the notes in the account. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING I AM DOING. It is always easy to respond the way each and everyone of you have when it is someone else's money. You automatically assume that I am wrong and corporations can do no evil.

#46 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,082 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

You automatically assume that I am wrong and corporations can do no evil.

See what response you get from Ellen Filpiak at the correct email provided, and ignore the people who are not trying to be constructive.

Im not seeing their responses because I have them blocked. There are those people who arent helpful, and just try to stir up crap in every thread that doesnt kiss Directv's butt.

Most people on this forum are quite helpful. If it gets out of control, just go to private messages with those you deem are trying to help.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#47 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,037 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

IMO, Directv has the best digital signal out there, on that I will agree with you. But they are in no way the cheapest service out there. I am willing to pay more for what I feel is the best quality service for me. You want a deal, I suggest you go to Dish. Noone gets a 2-year full price break, and as you can see most people do not believe your whole story because most have been here long enough to smell something just doesnt seem right about your story. Decide to pay the actual going rate for your package, or cancel, its your choice.

#48 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,999 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Directv does do price locks by the way, But the loophole is its only on your basepack.

I just thought I'd put that out there cause I saw a few post saying Directv doesn't do that.

DIRECTV :Since 5/13/2012
HR34-700 / HR24-500 / HR23-700 / H25-100 / D12-200 /   Roku HD

Living Room       Master bedroom     Bedroom  2         Bedroom 3    Office/Bedroom 4      bedroom 5
Slimline 5  / SWiM 16 with CCK / MRV / 15/2 Mbps Blue ridge cable Internet
Premier / MLB EI /  HD Extra /  Protection Plan

#49 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,999 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

You are.

They don't.

Pay the ETF you are responsible for or allow it to go to collections. Hopefully they will be able to recover something.

:hurah:

I think Directv will be OK!!:rolleyes::hurah::hurah:

DIRECTV :Since 5/13/2012
HR34-700 / HR24-500 / HR23-700 / H25-100 / D12-200 /   Roku HD

Living Room       Master bedroom     Bedroom  2         Bedroom 3    Office/Bedroom 4      bedroom 5
Slimline 5  / SWiM 16 with CCK / MRV / 15/2 Mbps Blue ridge cable Internet
Premier / MLB EI /  HD Extra /  Protection Plan

#50 OFFLINE   DirecTVSucks

DirecTVSucks

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

http://www.techbarga...Item.cfm/293269

This is my proof. I signed up for DirecTV 2 year price lock from this website. I clicked on the link and chose my package and was able to lock in my price for 2 years. By allowing resellers of their service DirecTV is obligated to follow though with the terms of the agreement.

#51 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,736 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

http://www.techbarga...Item.cfm/293269

This is my proof. I signed up for DirecTV 2 year price lock from this website. I clicked on the link and chose my package and was able to lock in my price for 2 years. By allowing resellers of their service DirecTV is obligated to follow though with the terms of the agreement.

This is expired but maybe was not when you signed up.

I copied this and pasted it here from the ad.

DirecTV is offering users a chance to lock prices for 2 years. Note that the 2nd year is more expensive than the first, but you are still locked in to a sale price. This offer expires 7/18. Plans range from $29.99/mo. Choose the package that best suits you, some of which include:

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#52 OFFLINE   DirecTVSucks

DirecTVSucks

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

and I never even got my first year pricing, hence my anger. oh well, I am off work now going home. have a good night everyone.

#53 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

and I never even got my first year pricing, hence my anger. oh well, I am off work now going home. have a good night everyone.

When you called in, did you speak with the reseller, or D* directly? What was the # you called?

#54 OFFLINE   brucegrr

brucegrr

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts
  • LocationNey, Ohio

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Perhaps what the OP means is that he was supposed to have a specific discount for two years? (as I presently do)

That said, evil is a moral or religious quality. Directv may or may not have done right by the OP but I would reserve the word evil for people who massacre 20 children and not a corporation.

#55 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,646 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

That said, evil is a moral or religious quality. Directv may or may not have done right by the OP but I would reserve the word evil for people who massacre 20 children and not a corporation.

Best post of the day.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#56 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Just because you clicked the link doesn't mean you were eligible for that deal. You said you put your account on hold when you moved. How long were you gone for? You most likely were not a customer long enough to get the "new customer" deal. DTV simply offered you the latest "movers" deal if you used the same person when "resigning" up. Then you didn't pay attention to the contract.

Simple thing is just get your contract or emails that DTV sent you. If you don't have those, sorry then you have no proof and DTV can do whatever they want. Just play nice and see if they are willing to drop the price for anything.

#57 OFFLINE   n3vino

n3vino

Godfather

• Registered
  • 362 posts
  • LocationLeon Valley(San Antonio), Texas

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

What I can figure is that the promo for the premium channels expired and he started to be charged for them. He mentioned that he didn't want them because he didn't want to call and cancel. I'm wondering if that's where the glitch is. He never mentioned what he was being charge for in his monthly statement.

1 HDR 34

1 HDR 24-500
2 HD 25's
Slimline Dish 3LNB
Whole Home DVR

Epa, Epa, Andale, Andale, Arriba, Arriba, Eeeha

#58 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Hall Of Flame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,738 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Perhaps what the OP means is that he was supposed to have a specific discount for two years? (as I presently do)

Well put. Plus when one has a misunderstanding or an outright disagreement with another, it's not license to say they "suck".
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#59 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

TWC SUX!!

#60 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

It seems as if you misunderstood your contract. Usually when you sign up you always get a bunch of discounts, most of which run out by the end of the first year. Some of the discounts stop around the third or sixth month, which seems consistent with the months your bills went up. I think it's a safe bet that the csr that handled your initial subscription didn't make it fully clear to you what your bills would look like as the months go by. Anybody else that you talked to probably just forced the discount when they weren't suppose and the system just automatically took it away again since your 3 months are up.

spam firewall