Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV is EVIL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
262 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

he just acts like one

Thanks for the compliment.
DTV = Digital Television

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

DirecTV goes out of their way to make new customers "jump through hoops" to get all the best deals. Submitting rebates (on a certain schedule), not changing programming package until the rebate is over, hiding various formerly-itemized charges using undecipherable descriptions like "advanced receiver fee", giving free premium channels which suddenly revert to full price after a few months, fooling people into thinking they own their receiver when they "purchase" it on the web, etc.

As a heads up, since mid-October, rebates are added to the account without rebates needing to be submitted. Not sure the 5 minutes it took to submit those was really "jumping through hoops" but to each his own. Just about everything else is covered in the email sent as soon as a new order is placed that itemizes everything else.

As for ordering equipment, the website and agreement both specify that the equipment is leased, much like it says on solid signal.

#143 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,701 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

he just acts like one

Nope. An employee would be more politic.

:)
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#144 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

he just acts like one

Actually he doesn't Act Like A Directv Employee as he is Assertive, Aggressive and they would want their employees to be more polite, more passive but he speaks his mind which is what a Forum is all about!!! :D
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#145 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Actually he doesn't Act Like A Directv Employee as he is Assertive, Aggressive and they would want their employees to be more polite, more passive but he speaks his mind which is what a Forum is all about!!! :D

I'm sorry but I have to disagree everytime we post something to vent our frustration or in need of help but sometimes not sure how the system works, he post something that is in no way helpful or post unnecessary comments that does not reflect well to the rest of us. but I understand everybody has a right to post what they went even if I don't agree. I'm sorry but someone has to say it.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#146 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Rude, condescending and confrontational is hardly what this forum should be about. Surprised you think it is truthfully.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#147 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Rude, condescending and confrontational is hardly what this forum should be about. Surprised you think it is truthfully.

How ironic. :)
DTV = Digital Television

#148 OFFLINE   pdxBeav

pdxBeav

Godfather

• Registered
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

he just acts like one

Maybe he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

#149 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,270 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Guys ... the topic of the thread is DirecTV. Please discuss your opinion of whether or not DirecTV is evil. Thanks!

#150 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Of course DirecTV is evil.

They steal $150 a month out of my pocket.

If they were good, they'd be putting money into it instead.

Well, duh! :rolleyes:

Some threads are so stupid.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#151 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Guys ... the topic of the thread is DirecTV. Please discuss your opinion of whether or not DirecTV is evil. Thanks!

Well, I don't think DIRECTV is evil but just a Corporation that has to survive by making a Profit which is what all Corporations do.

You might not agree with all of their Policies but you have the right to go somewhere else!!! :D
Here's My Setup

#152 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

You might not agree with all of their Policies but you have the right to go somewhere else!!! :D

yep agree, But the also have the right to leave without anyone ones permission from this thread .
They also have a right to voice their opinion on a service they pay for, just the same as the others who defend Directv at the drop of a hat no matter what.
Below Not Directed at Richierich

It gets to the point where you can't ask for any improvements, or recommend anything out of Directv in DBS talk without the same people over and over blowing smoke up Directv ***. If your happy with what you have , Then keep your fanboy comments to yourself, and let the open minded members take the comments.

I was going to reup my Membership, But I gotta tell you because of fact I can't ask a question or Even ask for an option without a bashing from the same 5 people. I doubt I'm going to.

I would love to help out the Site, But not so the same people can rip the crap out of member for a feaken question.

Blue Ridge Communticatons

HD Basic Plus, HBO, Cinemax,Starz /Encore

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus analog Bedroom 5 and 6

G15 Internet

#153 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Registered
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Nicely said. It sure would be nice if they tightened the front line up so clear, concise, and accurate answers were readily supplied. This is not the case. In my situation they have infuriated me so badly enough times that I will at all costs avoid calling them (thank God for this forum). However, I'm in the unfortunate situation of liking their reliable high quality signal more than any other provider I can choose, so I won't go elsewhere, unless I just cut out pay TV altogether (which remains under consideration).

Well, I don't think DIRECTV is evil but just a Corporation that has to survive by making a Profit which is what all Corporations do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.

#154 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

yep agree, But the also have the right to leave without anyone ones permission from this thread .
They also have a right to voice their opinion on a service they pay for, just the same as the others who defend Directv at the drop of a hat no matter what.
Below Not Directed at Richierich

It gets to the point where you can't ask for any improvements, or recommend anything out of Directv in DBS talk without the same people over and over blowing smoke up Directv ***. If your happy with what you have , Then keep your fanboy comments to yourself, and let the open minded members take the comments.

I was going to reup my Membership, But I gotta tell you because of fact I can't ask a question or Even ask for an option without a bashing from the same 5 people. I doubt I'm going to.

I would love to help out the Site, But not so the same people can rip the crap out of member for a feaken question.

He did not ask for, nor did he require, the permission of anyone in this thread. He had already decided to cancel before creating this thread. No one ever offered or suggested it either. He was simply complaining about a problem he had created for himself. He was accusing DirecTV of being "evil" for following their own well established policies that he agreed to.
DTV = Digital Television

#155 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I don't think this Forum is about being Rude, or Condescending or Confrontational and I try Never to be Rude or Confrontational but I try to put The Truth out there or the Facts as I know them but without Confronting others because they have their own set of facts and opinions.

In fact just the other day I was dead wrong about something I thought for sure was True and this Forum Member stated the Facts as he knows them and he was Right and I was Wrong so I admitted that I was Wrong and thanked him publicly for straightening me out.

If you are Not Open Minded you can Never Learn Anything. If I think I Know It All then I Will Never Open Myself Up To Learning The Truth when it Presenst itself to me from others.

And I have learned an awful lot here at DBSTALK which is why I keep coming back here.

Some people for what ever reason just Love to Argue and I see it all the time but I avoid those Arguments as I don't have the Time and Energy for them anymore!!! :lol:

It's like Politics and Religion, you will Never convince someone else that they are Wrong about their political or religious views so why expend the energy trying??? :nono2:
Here's My Setup

#156 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Is DirecTV evil? I don't think so.

Is DirecTV inconsistent? I believe so. If it were otherwise why would customers be advised to continually play "CSR roulette"? It would be heartening to receive the same response to a question but I don't believe it happens often.
When news breaks...we fix it.

#157 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,701 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Is DirecTV evil? I don't think so.

Is DirecTV inconsistent? I believe so. If it were otherwise why would customers be advised to continually play "CSR roulette"? It would be heartening to receive the same response to a question but I don't believe it happens often.

The inconsistency, while played well by roulette players, is maddening. Many CS systems are quite messy but from what I read here (not my personal experience, as I use DirecTV CS sparingly and have had good results), DirecTV's CS experience is messier than most.

It does drive you batty, though, when a otherwise well-run company has bad front line ambassadors. I recently went through a CS nightmare with Amazon, who is usually a very well run company and delivers good value for the dollar. It makes me want to avoid actual conversations with CS folks there and it is understandable why DirecTV customers feel the same.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#158 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

. He was simply complaining about a problem he had created for himself. He was accusing DirecTV of being "evil" for following their own well established policies that he agreed to.

Exactly my point, You think just cause you say it its fact.

I would love to know what you do for a living.

My guess is what ever it is doesn't involve human contact.:lol:

Blue Ridge Communticatons

HD Basic Plus, HBO, Cinemax,Starz /Encore

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus analog Bedroom 5 and 6

G15 Internet

#159 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,264 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

You can usually tell the tone of a thread by the title and first post. The direction this thread took is absolutely no surprise. Often times people come here to complain or vent and they don't always get flamed, I was one of them back a few years ago.

I'm not saying it right but it's the way it goes at times.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#160 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Exactly my point, You think just cause you say it its fact.

I would love to know what you do for a living.

My guess is what ever it is doesn't involve human contact.:lol:

...haha. You chose the words, "well established policies" from my post. Please tell me how they are not.
DTV = Digital Television

Protected By... spam firewall...And...