Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DECA with powerline internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cb7214

cb7214

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

I have a HR20-700 and a HR24 with the Whole Home DVR setup. I am wanting to add internet capability to the setup for on demand ppv etc. I purchased a powerline adapter setup as my router isn't anywhere near a directv receiever and can't be due to work restrictions. I connected the power line adapter to the HR24 as of course the deca is connected to the HR20. However i am not able to get a internet connection on the HR24. I was trying to do some searches on the internet and here to find out what i may be doing wrong or what i need to do however. There are so many "setups". I can't seem to make heads or tails of it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Directv Subscriber since 1999

XM Subscriber since June 2005

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,620 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

I have a HR20-700 and a HR24 with the Whole Home DVR setup. I am wanting to add internet capability to the setup for on demand ppv etc. I purchased a powerline adapter setup as my router isn't anywhere near a directv receiever and can't be due to work restrictions. I connected the power line adapter to the HR24 as of course the deca is connected to the HR20. However i am not able to get a internet connection on the HR24. I was trying to do some searches on the internet and here to find out what i may be doing wrong or what i need to do however. There are so many "setups". I can't seem to make heads or tails of it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

You'll need to add a DECA for the internet, as the 24 will deactivate its DECA if you connect to the ethernet jack.
To keep the whole home networking over coax, you'll need a CCK [DECA] for your router connection. If you need to use the powerline adapter it would connect to this.
If you can get a coax near your router, the CCK would go straight to your router.
If your router is WiFi, there is a WCCK.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   cb7214

cb7214

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

i was afraid of that answer, thanks guys i appreciate it.
Directv Subscriber since 1999

XM Subscriber since June 2005

spam firewall