Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MRV Setup question (w/ 2 HR24s)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I will have an ethernet cable near where the SWiM-8 will be installed, so getting the broadband package unit hooked in would be easy.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Got the MRV installed today and I'm up and running. I called D* to active MRV and was given the 3rd degree for about 20 minutes.. 'you don't have a SWiM dish', 'we didn't install it for you', etc. I had to keep telling the CSR that I install the SWiM myself, that I had a Slimline 5 LNB dish, etc. The CSR also didn't even believe that I had a SWM-8 installed and made be read to her what each port was labeled. After what seemed like forever, she finally forwarded me to someone who could actually activate MRV on my two HR24s.
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#23 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Got the MRV installed today and I'm up and running. I called D* to active MRV and was given the 3rd degree for about 20 minutes.. 'you don't have a SWiM dish', 'we didn't install it for you', etc. I had to keep telling the CSR that I install the SWiM myself, that I had a Slimline 5 LNB dish, etc. The CSR also didn't even believe that I had a SWM-8 installed and made be read to her what each port was labeled. After what seemed like forever, she finally forwarded me to someone who could actually activate MRV on my two HR24s.

Excellent!

#24 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for your help guys.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...