Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Telepop Headaches for Gmail and Facebook TVApps

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

When TVApps first came about I was delighted to be able to check my Facebook, Gmail and Twitter feeds with the Telepop system. Now I think these apps are becoming a big headache. Some user experiences:

A few month back my GMail stopped updating on TVApps. I tried resetting it with telepop, with no luck, so I contacted their support. They checked my account and said they couldn't fix it on their end, and that I should consider turning the DVR on and off. To this day my email stops displaying after a certain date a year ago.

Today I noticed on one of my DVRs I had to go to the telepop web site to enter the given registration code. So I went to their site only to find my browsers to warn me about Telepop's expired security certificate. I never went to the site.

Awhile back I tried to activate the DirecTV Facebook app and saw something about having to install the Telepop agent in my Facebook account and that (like many Facebook apps) I would need to give Telepop access to all my friends and the permission to notify them as ME. I don't think so. I wasn't able to bypass the permission.

Maybe its time for a new system?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall