Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper + Hopper with Sling + Joey?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Any potential issues with a Hopper w/ Sling + Hopper + Joey setup? I probably won't be able to afford 2 HwS's at the price they are sticking existing customers with, and I am replacing a 722 + 612 +612 setup.

I assume the two different Hoppers will have no problems seeing each other and being able to access the programming recorded on each other? And that the Joey will be able to access both?

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,981 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

for J there is no doubt, but H anH2 full integration ...on same functions - it should, but new features of H2 definitely wouldn't work for H

#3 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Any potential issues with a Hopper w/ Sling + Hopper + Joey setup? I probably won't be able to afford 2 HwS's at the price they are sticking existing customers with, and I am replacing a 722 + 612 +612 setup.

I assume the two different Hoppers will have no problems seeing each other and being able to access the programming recorded on each other? And that the Joey will be able to access both?

Thanks.

I have both and they work great together.

#4 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I have both and they work great together.

Me too. I've got One original hopper, and one new Hopper with Sling.
Two Joeys (One linked to each Hopper).
no issues with the two "different" Hoppers seeing each other.
The only feature I wish was available, is the ability for one hopper to access the EHD of another.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...