Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How do I swap the Location of HR34 and C31?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kliff11

kliff11

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

I moved into a new house and had Directv install an HR34 Genie in my living room and a client, C31, in my upstairs bedroom. I've decided I don't want the giant HR34 box in the living room. I would like to move the HR 34 to the Bedroom and the C31 to the living room. When I tried to do this I moved the HR34, the SWiM, and the Wireless Internet Kit to the Bedroom. Then I moved the C31 client to the living room. It didn't work. The error I got was "Problem communicating with satellite".
Directv said they could swap it for a fee but it seems like this should be something I can do myself. Does anyone know how I could do this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,005 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Should have worked.

Draw us a diagram of the way it is now so we can see what's wrong.

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#3 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 879 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

You need to leave the SWM power supply where it was otherwise if it is moved you have to go to the splitter and move that line as well.

#4 OFFLINE   kliff11

kliff11

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Thanks. I left the SWM where it was originally and it worked. Both the receivers are working. However, now the On Demand features are not working. I tried putting the wireless connection kit with each receiver but neither worked. Is there something I'm missing? Or will this only work if the SWM, Wireless Kit, and HR 34 are all in the same location. Right now my SWM is connected to the C31.

#5 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 798 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Thanks. I left the SWM where it was originally and it worked. Both the receivers are working. However, now the On Demand features are not working. I tried putting the wireless connection kit with each receiver but neither worked. Is there something I'm missing? Or will this only work if the SWM, Wireless Kit, and HR 34 are all in the same location. Right now my SWM is connected to the C31.

The CCK can go in any location...I would recommend using the one closest to your router. So Coax to SWM->to WCCK->to C31 will work.

On the Wireless CCK be sure the towards LNB port is the one going towards your wall/dish, and the one labeled Sat-RCVR is the one going to the C31 or HR34.

What errors was it giving you?
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#6 OFFLINE   kliff11

kliff11

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

The CCK can go in any location...I would recommend using the one closest to your router. So Coax to SWM->to WCCK->to C31 will work.

On the Wireless CCK be sure the towards LNB port is the one going towards your wall/dish, and the one labeled Sat-RCVR is the one going to the C31 or HR34.

What errors was it giving you?

When I go to On Demand the movie pictures are greyed out and when I click on categories nothing shows up. If I tune to 1501 HBO On Demand it just says channel unavailable. When I run a network setup test it gives me an error that says there are network playback problems: Diagnostic Code 72-79-541.
The receiver does show a valid ip address and I have other wireless devices working. I was able to play a YouTube video through the HR34. Does this prove the WCCK is working?

#7 OFFLINE   kliff11

kliff11

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

When I go to On Demand the movie pictures are greyed out and when I click on categories nothing shows up. If I tune to 1501 HBO On Demand it just says channel unavailable. When I run a network setup test it gives me an error that says there are network playback problems: Diagnostic Code 72-79-541.
The receiver does show a valid ip address and I have other wireless devices working. I was able to play a YouTube video through the HR34. Does this prove the WCCK is working?

UPDATE: On Demand started working again. Maybe it needed some time to get the communication going again. It seems to have started working after about 15 mins.
Thanks for your advice.:)

spam firewall