Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Changing programming package question

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   oscar madison

oscar madison

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

This is just speculation but I feel that you are asking for a billing headache that you would soon regret that you did. All the credits and extra billing that are supposed to happen as others are stating would almost for certain get out of whack and cost you more than you thought and possibly spend hours on the phone trying to straighten it out.

I have two Choice credits on my bill each month and I don't want to lose those. So you're saying those would go away if I pulled the occasional switcheroo?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,173 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I have two Choice credits on my bill each month and I don't want to lose those. So you're saying those would go away if I pulled the occasional switcheroo?

I do not know that.

I am just saying that a lot of changing in your package that will possibly cause you a headache in the end. It is easy to have a billing problem.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#23 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I just switched down to Choice from Ultimate yesterday online. But apparently i have to call to cancel the HD Pack? There is nothing my account that shows where to do it online.

#24 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,416 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

I had to do the same, though the automated system did it for me, I didn't have to talk to a rep.

#25 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I had to do the same, though the automated system did it for me, I didn't have to talk to a rep.

But it's still calling, right? No way to do it online like i did to change packages?

#26 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Some packages can be changed online, some cant.

#27 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,416 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

I didn't see it. I'll be checking back with it in about 2 and a half months.

#28 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

On 2/2, I upgraded from Choice to Choice Xtra. Today (2/4) I downgraded from Choice Xtra to Choice. I made both transactions online with no issues, and it appears I was charged a net of less than $1 for the temporary upgrade.

(I went through this because I was interested in a basketball game on CBSSN.)

#29 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I have a question. When is a good time to try to get a better deal on NFL Sunday Ticket or when should I cancel the package?

#30 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

I have a question. When is a good time to try to get a better deal on NFL Sunday Ticket or when should I cancel the package?

As for canceling it, you can cancel it anytime before the start of following season (with a full refund on any payments). Not sure when the 2013 season starts, normally sometime in September.

#31 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

As for canceling it, you can cancel it anytime before the start of following season (with a full refund on any payments). Not sure when the 2013 season starts, normally sometime in September.

Do they usually let you know when payment is due?

Like most of us, I have auto pay.

#32 OFFLINE   oscar madison

oscar madison

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Tonight I called and asked the prompt what my cancellation date was and it took me to retention. The CSR, who was very nice, starting asking about my reasons when I asked if I could switch to the select classic package. I told her I didn't watch enough to justify the higher package and was looking for ways to cut the budget. She offered to check my credits on the account for me and see if they would go away when I switched over. She said they wouldn't, so I went for it.

I also asked her to remove the auto renew on MLBEI, which I told her was because I'm going for MLB.TV. She didn't offer anything to keep me there.

#33 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Tonight I called and asked the prompt what my cancellation date was and it took me to retention. The CSR, who was very nice, starting asking about my reasons when I asked if I could switch to the select classic package. I told her I didn't watch enough to justify the higher package and was looking for ways to cut the budget. She offered to check my credits on the account for me and see if they would go away when I switched over. She said they wouldn't, so I went for it.

I also asked her to remove the auto renew on MLBEI, which I told her was because I'm going for MLB.TV. She didn't offer anything to keep me there.

If you downgrade your account they probably are not going to try to help you elsewhere. I have the premium package and get deals on all the sports I want.

#34 OFFLINE   oscar madison

oscar madison

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

If you downgrade your account they probably are not going to try to help you elsewhere. I have the premium package and get deals on all the sports I want.

Yes, that makes sense. I wasn't bluffing with her as I am really going to MLB.TV this year.

spam firewall