Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Why doesn't Animal Planet lineup correspond with my guide?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Badfish740

Badfish740

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

I'm looking for episodes of "North Woods Law" on Animal Planet and the website says that there should be plenty of episodes on starting Thursday, January 24th, but when I go into the guide to set the DVR it's some other show:

http://animal.discov...tv-schedule.htm

What gives? I can't find it at all in the guide scrolling forward as far as I can go. Shouldn't Animal Planet's programming be the same no matter what you're watching it on (Dish, DirecTV, cable, etc...?)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TheGrove

TheGrove

AllStar

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

You would think, but Dish and most other providers get their guide data from Tribune Media and it is very possible that Tribune either has not received updated guide info from Animal Planet or have not sent updated guide information to dish and the other providers.
2 Hoppers (2 - 2TB EHD)
1 Joey

#3 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

It's shows up in the Directv guide, all new episode from 4pm to 9pm and repeats from 10pm to 4am on Thursday Jan 24, I don't know about Dish.

#4 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

That's because DISH uses Tribune Broadcasting for their EPG info. And they have sucked for years. They have to be the worst source of programming info on the planet. Because of their bad info, I spend more time messing with timers than watching what did get recorded, by the grace of God.

#5 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

They are in my guide...... starting that evening.

#6 OFFLINE   Badfish740

Badfish740

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

They are in my guide...... starting that evening.

Just set the whole season to record! Guess I'll know to just wait and see next time.

spam firewall