Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Adding Cable to Another Room
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:42 AM
My current equipment
(1) - H25-500
I'm trying to run another cable to a different room so that I can take the receiver to this room occasionally.
My head is swimming (no pun intended) from all the wires under the house.
It looks like there is one wire from the dish. On the H25 and H24 there is one coax on each.
On one of the H24, the cable comes from the wall into a power inverter, from there to a green 2-way splitter, from there one wire goes to HDVR, one wire goes to a little box that has an ethernet cable connected.
1) Can I change the 2-way splitter to a 4-way splitter and add two additional rooms?
2) If so, does it matter which wire that has the DC power pass connected to on the splitter?
3) Does it matter what type of coax I use? Can they be crimped connectors?
Thanks in advance for your help.
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:59 AM
2. Yes, one port will be color coded red for power passing. That is where the power inserter needs to go.
3. Yes, you want to use RG6 and do NOT use crimp connectors, use compression connectors.
Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:01 AM
To clarify #2, for the input on the 4-way, it will come from the power inverter, but one of the ouputs has the DC pass, does it matter which, if any receiver it goes to?
Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 PM
It will keep the signal from leaking onto the floor (all un used ports should be terminated)
SL-5, SWM-16, (2) HR22-100, (1) H21-200, (1) H20-100, (1) HR44-200, (1) CCK
Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:48 PM
Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:57 PM
Thanks WestDC, never heard of them. Started looking around the net. So i would put a coupler and the terminator on the room that is does not have the receiver?
RadioShack sells them.