Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need advice on how to configure a system.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

I have two HD TV sets. Attached to the main set I have three DirecTV HD DVRs for a total of six available recordable streams and a fourth HD DVR with two tuners attached to the second set.

I am not interested in recording all the networks every night since I watch very few programs on other than CBS but I do watch numerous programs on the non-network sat channels. So, the PTAT feature is of no interest to me meaning I would often need more than the three tuners available on a single Hopper making a second Hopper necessary to go with a Joey for the second set.

I was just told by a Dish phone rep that I could not get a second Hopper since I only have two TVs. In other words it seems Dish wants to configure my optimal system for me rather than allowing me to. Is this inflexibility normal with Dish or can accommodations be made? The phone rep was adamant about the rules...two TVs allow for only one Hopper.
When news breaks...we fix it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   drjake

drjake

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

First off, you shouldn't need the Joey. 2 Hoppers gives you 6 tuners. An independent dealer should be able to do what you want.
Drjake

#3 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I was only going by what the phone rep told me when I explained I wanted all six tuner streams available to the main TV. If a Hopper is attached to each set can they schedule, record and view programs on each other?
When news breaks...we fix it.

#4 ONLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,290 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

I have two Hopper setup, got it via a local retailer that does his own installs.

You can see and view each Hopper from the other, but you cannot control the other hopper otherwise.

You can use the Dish app on an android or iPad with the Dish app.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...