Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tivo malfunctioning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   skylonder

skylonder

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

I got a THR22-100 four months ago. Aside from the "enhanced content" problem, it has been OK.

Now just recently it has started malfunctioning. Randomly, one of the tuners will not record. That is, I am watching a program (live) on one of the tuners. I notice that there is no green in the bar. If I pause the channel, there is no rewind and furthermore, it will not play any more either. Nothing will bring back any playback on this tuner until I tune to a different channel or switch to the other tuner and back again. It will not allow me to record on that channel either.

If I switch the problem tuner to a different channel, it may work properly with that channel. If I switch back to the previous channel, it will malfunction again. At some point it will decide on its own to start working normally.

This problem tends to appear when I switch to the tuner that I have not been watching in a while. That makes me suspect that it has something to do with the "enhanced content" awfulness. But I haven't seen anyone else on this forum report this problem. Is it just me? It certainly seems like software, not hardware.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sbl

sbl

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I have seen other reports of this, and believe that I have experienced it myself, though I don't know for sure it's "second tuner" related.

Steve

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable

Icon

• Registered
  • 717 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Already discussed, to no avail -

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=203703
Fox News : It grows on you... kinda like cancer.

#4 OFFLINE   skylonder

skylonder

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Already discussed, to no avail -

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=203703

That thread does mention a similar problem. For me this is something that was not happening before but now is happening all the time. That suggests that maybe there is something I could do to make it stop happening.

My first thought is that maybe my disk is getting full and maybe I should delete from the "recently deleted" bin. But that made no difference.

If I were to call DTV customer support, what would they tell me? I'm afraid they would just say they don't know anything about it. But if other users have already reported this problem to them and there is a ticket number, maybe I could reference that. I would like to be fore-armed.

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,694 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Have you reset the receiver ?
This is from the second post in the referenced link above.

Last night I had to reset the THR22 for the 2nd time because it stopped buffering. I've had this box since April and I've already had to reset it more times than my old Samsung DirecTiVo in SIX FREAKIN' YEARS !!!

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...