Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wireless mouse suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,911 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I have a Logitech G7, and love it. I like that when the battery goes low, I can swap out for the spare that's in the receiver, and recharge the dead one.

It's getting old, and the batteries aren't holding a charge, so I think it's time to replace it. I'm a bit dubious about the replacement OEM batteries online.

Any suggestions? While I don't use that system as much as I used to, I don't want to get stuck with a dead battery, but don't want to have to put trips in it either.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

I like their cordless trackball.

Fits in a fairly small space. No need to move it around like a regular mouse. Buttons are configurable.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#3 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

like my m510.. 2aa batteries last for year+..
solid feel to buttons too..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#4 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

I like the two members of the Logitech MX line. The darkfield technology works great.

Peace,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#5 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

I use the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse. I love the form factor fit for my hand. I believe it's one of the darkfield mice.

#6 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,448 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

I use the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse. I love the form factor fit for my hand. I believe it's one of the darkfield mice.

Excellent choice, one of Logitech's darkfield mice. Two very good, less expensive mice would be the M310 (which has a tiny nano receiver that plugs into USB port), I have one and it's an inexpensive delight to use. It also has an on/off switch.
The other would be the M510, which is designed with tablets in mind. All three are laser mice and have extended battery life. The Anywhere MX and M510 mice use a "Unifying receiver", tiny like the M310 nano receiver, but having the capability of being simultaneously .used with other devices, such as keyboards.

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Sony KDFE-55A20 55" LCD RPTV; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVoRoamio Plus, LG BH200 HD DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to AVR
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

#7 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

like my m510.. 2aa batteries last for year+..
solid feel to buttons too..

+1

I also have a 505 and it and the 510 batteries last 16 to 18 months for me.
I have both mine programmed so that when you press the side of the wheel that it will go back or forward. Saves a lot of moving the mouse.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#8 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I set the 2 extra buttons on the side of the 510 for back and f5 (refresh).. saves movement on forums..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...