Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013 MLB Extra Innings Pricing Discussion

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

I received my bill via email today and the following note was included:

<<<IMPORTANT RENEWAL NOTICE:
You are all set to enjoy another exciting year of MLB EXTRA INNINGS®. We are renewing you at the lowest price of 6 payments of $33.33/month. Look for the first charge to appear on an upcoming bill. If you wish to cancel to avoid payment, you must do so before the season starts; refunds not available after the season starts.>>>

If I'm not mistaken, last year I paid 6 X 34.99.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh for Opening Day ! ! !

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   oakwcj

oakwcj

Lower Echelon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

I received my bill via email today and the following note was included:

<<<IMPORTANT RENEWAL NOTICE:
You are all set to enjoy another exciting year of MLB EXTRA INNINGS®. We are renewing you at the lowest price of 6 payments of $33.33/month. Look for the first charge to appear on an upcoming bill. If you wish to cancel to avoid payment, you must do so before the season starts; refunds not available after the season starts.>>>

If I'm not mistaken, last year I paid 6 X 34.99.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh for Opening Day ! ! !

That's a $10 reduction, from $210 to $200, for the season. That's welcome, but what I want to know is whether MLBEI and MLB.TV are going to be combined this year.

#3 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

same here, i think alot of people are waiting on that announcement

#4 OFFLINE   sniller

sniller

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

:) I Would love to be able to record MLB Tv games on my DVR>

#5 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 603 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

at least 2013 is the last season before the Fox Network games can be EI :D

#6 OFFLINE   tj218

tj218

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

After the rumors of a significant drop in price for EI (other threads based on e-mail surveys) and bundling with MLB.tv......to see only a $10 drop is disappointing.

I will probably abandon EI for MLB.tv. I previewed the MLB.tv feeds on my Roku last year for the Free Games of the Day and the PQ was HD quality except on action shots (some pixelation) but even then it was still decent enough. I will lose access to the MLB channel (I am only on the family pack) but I can't justify another $80 for the season just for that channel.

#7 OFFLINE   oscar madison

oscar madison

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

After the rumors of a significant drop in price for EI (other threads based on e-mail surveys) and bundling with MLB.tv......to see only a $10 drop is disappointing.

I will probably abandon EI for MLB.tv. I previewed the MLB.tv feeds on my Roku last year for the Free Games of the Day and the PQ was HD quality except on action shots (some pixelation) but even then it was still decent enough. I will lose access to the MLB channel (I am only on the family pack) but I can't justify another $80 for the season just for that channel.

I'm going to mlb.tv as well. Looked good enough to me on the ps3 last year.

#8 OFFLINE   Stewpidity

Stewpidity

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

i would think if they were going to bundle the 2(EI&MLB.TV) they would have mentioned it in the renewal notice?

#9 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Was there ever any indication - from MLB, Directv, InDemand, whomever - that EI and MLB.TV would be bundled? I'm just wondering why people thought it was something that might come to pass, because I haven't read about it happening anywhere.

#10 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 717 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

I'm going to mlb.tv as well. Looked good enough to me on the ps3 last year.

This. Quality was great actually. Also only on the family pack. With Fios in the house I'm increasingly getting frustrated at why I'm even keeping D* at all. The incredible quality of these online equivalents is making D* increasingly seem less necessary to me.

#11 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,633 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Was there ever any indication - from MLB, Directv, InDemand, whomever - that EI and MLB.TV would be bundled? I'm just wondering why people thought it was something that might come to pass, because I haven't read about it happening anywhere.

It was mentioned in a poll of users.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#12 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

It was mentioned in a poll of users.

Oh, that. So there was never any mention of it from official channels then. Thought I'd missed something.

#13 OFFLINE   oakwcj

oakwcj

Lower Echelon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Yes:

"Tim Brosnan, MLB executive vice president of business, broke some news when he said MLB is considering combining Extra Innings and MLB.TV into one offering. Currently, it takes two separate subscriptions to access MLB’s out-of-market packages on TV and online. Extra Innings subscribers do not have access to online streams, and MLB.TV subscribers can’t access out-of-market games through their cable provider."

http://www.sportsbus...orts-Media.aspx

#14 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Had MLB.TV last season and, while the PQ was nowhere near DirecTV's HD, it was certainly watchable via Roku. Plus it gave me access to every radio broadcast. Will probably continue this year.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#15 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Yes:

"Tim Brosnan, MLB executive vice president of business, broke some news when he said MLB is considering combining Extra Innings and MLB.TV into one offering. Currently, it takes two separate subscriptions to access MLB’s out-of-market packages on TV and online. Extra Innings subscribers do not have access to online streams, and MLB.TV subscribers can’t access out-of-market games through their cable provider."

Thank you.

#16 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Yes:

Does anyone know when the current MLB EI contract expires? I would think a change like this would be part of a new contract for the rights to carry MLB EI.

#17 OFFLINE   teebeebee1

teebeebee1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Doubtful this will happen; two seperate companies; mlb advanced media runs MLB.tv; InDemand runs extra innings

#18 OFFLINE   steinmeg

steinmeg

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Had MLB.TV last season and, while the PQ was nowhere near DirecTV's HD, it was certainly watchable via Roku. Plus it gave me access to every radio broadcast. Will probably continue this year.

Watched it last year on Apple TV and the picture quality was not bad at all (HD)..+ they gave you dual feeds as well....will probaly go back to Apple TV this year as well......

#19 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Doubtful this will happen; two seperate companies; mlb advanced media runs MLB.tv; InDemand runs extra innings

InDemand runs EI for D*?
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#20 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I have to believe that mlb.tv is hurting EI. You can watch multiple streams (ipad and tv for example) and you can watch it everywhere on your phone. Picture quality is very good IMO. Oh and it is much cheaper!! It wins hands down for me.
DirecTV customer since 1995

Protected By... spam firewall...And...