Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013 MLB Extra Innings Pricing Discussion

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Well to each his own on here 199.99 or 149.99 or 129.99 or 119.99 or free to some what ever am mount you pay good for you. I just wanted to let y'all know that I was able to get a $50 discount.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   ThyKingZG

ThyKingZG

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

just got EI on DTV for $139. would have considered .tv package but for this price i couldn't resist, plus i'm too lazy to get out the google remote and deal with it entering address in the browser is a pain.....

$33 a month plus $10 month credit=23x6=138.00

#63 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

well i called last night and got a 30 dollar general credit. still no discounts on EI, but at least im down to 170 now...already gotten billed for 2 33.33 payments which im not happy about since the season hasnt even started and ive gotten billed twice. anyway, the retention rep said to call back a little closer to the start and they should have something. We will see. At least 30 off is a start. its hard for them to give me more now since im still on 20 a month off for 12 months from NFL ST. I wil try again in a week.

#64 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

Apparently DTV isn't in need of too many subs for MLBEI. I called to cancel and they never offered any discount or anything to try to keep me. They just canceled and said thank you. I wasn't going to keep it unless they gave it to me dirt cheap but you would think they would try something if they really wanted/needed subs to EI. I'm going with MLBTV this year. If it doesn't work out well I will go back to EI.

#65 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

Apparently DTV isn't in need of too many subs for MLBEI. I called to cancel and they never offered any discount or anything to try to keep me. They just canceled and said thank you. I wasn't going to keep it unless they gave it to me dirt cheap but you would think they would try something if they really wanted/needed subs to EI. I'm going with MLBTV this year. If it doesn't work out well I will go back to EI.

did you talk to retention? they can offer credits at least right now. if you talked to a regular CSR, yes theyll just cancel it for you. This is well known, they wont do anything to keep you subscribed.

Edited by dtrell, 11 March 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#66 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,824 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

This is not a debate on morality. If you want to discuss "stealing" with someone take to PM.

This is a discussion about pricing and the back and forth bickering has gone on long enough.

:backtotop

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#67 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

This is not a debate on morality. If you want to discuss "stealing" with someone take to PM.

This is a discussion about pricing and the back and forth bickering has gone on long enough.

Mike

thanks for the quick response mike.

#68 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,824 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I have deleted a bunch of posts.

There will be NO discussion of ways to get around anyone's TOS.

It is violation of the DBSTalk User Agreement and any further disussion along those lines will earn a thread ban.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#69 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

for those of you on here posting discounts on EI, please be sure to include how the discount was applied. There are two different kinds, one that the CSR puts on thats a discount off your "service" and one that is a discount on EI itself, that would appear on your bill or statement as "retention credit preseason cancel EI" or something to that effect. The bill credits are somethign that a rep can apply that they could put there WITHOUT you keeping EI, such as the 30 dollar credit i got that applieed to "base package". I need to know when to call back to where they have a "preseason cancel" credit available.

#70 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

First, to dtrell: Excellent idea above...

Premier Sub with FS+, EI, ST, and CI...

A month ago, I called because a scheduled HD match on FS+ was not shown. Without asking, the rep gave me a $15 monthly credit for 12 months, effectively making FS+ free for a year.

While replacing a dead receiver 2 weeks ago, I asked why I was not eligible for the free HD discount while having autopay. I knew the answer, but asked anyway. The rep gave me a $5 monthly credit for 12 months.

So just having received $240 credit over the next year, I called to see about a deal on EI this year. The retention rep said there were no discount offers "at this time".

My first monthly payment will appear on my March 21 bill, so I'll try again on the 19th.

#71 OFFLINE   newred5

newred5

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Here's how mine was credited ....

03/05/2013 XXXXXXXX3804 MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2013 HD - Gen Reten CRG ($159.99) ($21.07)
03/05/2013 XXXXXXXX3804 MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2013 HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00

03/05/2013 XXXXXXXX3804 Advanced Receiver-HD - 6mosFree HDExist ($10.00) ($1.32)
03/05/2013 XXXXXXXX3804 MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2013 - Charge $199.98 $26.34

#72 OFFLINE   Cmmsh

Cmmsh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

I called tonight and rep said best deal he could make me was to pay regular price for EI, and give me a $10 (general) credit/month for six months and another $20 (general) credit/month for 12 months because I have been a customer since 1999. This is the second season in a row I have received EI for free (making money this time), and have received NFL ST for half-price or less (free last season). You just have to get the right retention rep. Keep trying if you don't get the right one the first time. P.S. Sling Box is a must for any real sports fan.

#73 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

did you talk to retention? they can offer credits at least right now. if you talked to a regular CSR, yes theyll just cancel it for you. This is well known, they wont do anything to keep you subscribed.

No, I'm not going to talk to retention unless I truly am thinking about leaving DTV. I'm not going to have them call my bluff. I've always thought it was a stupid way to do business anyway, call and beg for a discount. I've quit doing that. If they or anyone else can't give me a discount up front then they don't need my business. Anyway I doubt they could have lowered it to where I would have kept it. I'm paying $124.99 for MLBTV and I would have paid no more than $75 for EI.

#74 OFFLINE   riparoo18

riparoo18

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

I called today to cancel MLB extra Innings.I talked to a customer service rep. I was prepared to cancel MLB Extra Innings. The rep asked me if it was the cost. I said yes. She came back with a offer of 18.99 for 6 months. I could not turn that down.

#75 OFFLINE   ATLien

ATLien

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Called the other day to cancel EI and get prices on bill reduced in general, but was mainly leaning towards mlb.tv option. Got 6mo of $10 credits off mlb ei. Plus another $15 credits for 12mo general package credit and $10 credits for 6mo for HD or something. I politely complained about how I lost my old grandfathered package a few months back and just realized I lost other credits that i had awhile back. So that probably helped.

#76 OFFLINE   skizer

skizer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

When I called a couple of weeks back, they gave me a $60 upfront credit as well as waiving the $10 HD fee for 6 months....so in total a $120 credits.

#77 OFFLINE   shabadoo25

shabadoo25

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

When I called a couple of weeks back, they gave me a $60 upfront credit as well as waiving the $10 HD fee for 6 months....so in total a $120 credits.

This is the deal I got, too.

Called up and said, "cancel" as always. After some whining about money, I offered $100 one payment for EI.

Retention said no, and gave me $10 off 6 payments off EI and $10 off 6 months of HD fee. Total savings: $120.

#78 OFFLINE   slinger45

slinger45

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

They are being stingy this year, Ive called in twice and the best I could do was $50 off, I have 30 in credits on my accounts per month so that doesn't help either. I think i'll wait a few weeks since the first week or so is usually free anyways.

#79 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

They are being stingy this year, Ive called in twice and the best I could do was $50 off, I have 30 in credits on my accounts per month so that doesn't help either. I think i'll wait a few weeks since the first week or so is usually free anyways.

+1....so far all i have gotten is a 30 dollar credit. i would be more than happy with another 30, to make the total 140 which is about what i paid last year (i think i paid 135 after a 75 credit) but yes they are really being tight fisted this time around. i wonder if some bean counter at D finally got ahold of the retention dept and said cut it out. We have a good cross section of people on this forum, people that have credis, people paying full price, big packages small packges etc, and NOBODY has been able to get a good deal out of them. that means that theres NONE in the pipeline. Oh well you can cancel up to a week into the season, so that gives me two weeks to try and sqeueeze another 30 out of them at least.

#80 OFFLINE   tj218

tj218

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

I am on the Family Plan, with 1 receiver. I have had two straight years of discounts on MLB:EI, along with $10 credits for the past 18months. I called retention with every intention of flat out cancelling and I was offered $10 per mo. for 6months to off set the price. ($140).

I ultimately turned down the offer since I had already paid for MLB.TV and am giving that a whirl this year. I was impressed with PQ (not quite EI level) during last year's free games of the day and the hope that I can listen to the different audio options (radio announcers with the video). Not to mention the ability to watch on my Kindle.

Losing MLB channel will be tough. Hopefully I won't regret turning down the offer. But if I can get offered something, with minimal effort, I am sure you guys can!

spam firewall