Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013 MLB Extra Innings Pricing Discussion

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   ichiro

ichiro

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

I had MLB.TV last year and even though it was okay, it wasnt the greatest on PQ. I know when my kids were streaming Netflix and me a game in HD I had problems with the PQ. Also it was a hassle that only 1 tv in the house was able to watch all the games.

Yeah, I've kinda heard mixed reviews, with the possibility of buffering and some other issues. You can get it on multiple tv's by having several different devices like Roku hooked up to multiple tv's, but you need to have/buy multiple devices... I've been wondering how the quality and issues have been this year, compared to past seasons.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,170 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

The Major League team owners think their "mindless moron" is worth $22 million a year. I can be dumb for half of that.

http://espn.go.com/b...million-commish

See, this is yet another reason why Selig is an idiot and why the owners are totally clueless as well.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#143 OFFLINE   Guttboy

Guttboy

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Very frustrating for me.... My lovely wife said I could get Exta Innings to see the Red Sox but I had to cut back on things......that said I have.... When I called DTV it was full price with no discounts...... Frustrating with three DVRS, Premier package, whole home DVR (which is spotty at best), and have been a customer on and off since 2002. Because we budget.....I am able to get EI for $175 or less....but no more..... Perhaps I should try MLB but not certain how to get it? For the MLB folks....do you get the local feeds for MLB? Looking to see Jerry Remy (2nd cousin's family) and Don Orsillo?
GO RED SOX!!!! 2007 World Series Champs.....Yeah I was there!!!!
GO PATS!!!!

HR-20 700 to Toshiba 42" LCD
HR-24 200 to Samsung 55" LED
D12-100 to Insignia 22" LCD

#144 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,170 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

If you subscribe to MLB.TV, your blackouts will be similar or the same as DirecTV's. For example, if the Rockies are your home team and blacked out on MLBEI, they'll also be blacked out on MLB.TV. MLB.TV feeds are the channels on which your home team is broadcast. (The away feeds are also offered in the premium package, but said feeds are also subject to blackout rules.) That could be either a superstation (like WGN, TBS, etc.), a regional sports channel (like Comcast's sports channels or FOX's sports channels), or even a local channel if it is broadcasting a game (like channel 9 or 26 in Chicago, for example).

Regardless, of whether the channel that is showing the game is local or not, it is subject to being blacked out on both MLBEI or MLB.TV pursuant to MLB's arcane and insane blackout policies.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#145 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Very frustrating for me.... My lovely wife said I could get Exta Innings to see the Red Sox but I had to cut back on things......that said I have.... When I called DTV it was full price with no discounts...... Frustrating with three DVRS, Premier package, whole home DVR (which is spotty at best), and have been a customer on and off since 2002. Because we budget.....I am able to get EI for $175 or less....but no more..... Perhaps I should try MLB but not certain how to get it? For the MLB folks....do you get the local feeds for MLB? Looking to see Jerry Remy (2nd cousin's family) and Don Orsillo?

1. If you dont talk to Retention you might as well forget it.
2. If you have a bad payment history thats a big strike against you.
3. If you had a recent major upgrade like a HR34 for a very low price, thats a big strike against you.
4. If you sub to cheap packages and dont spend much money your odds decrease as well.

Call and say cancel at the voice prompt after they confirm your address. They will ask if you want to shut off service, say cancel again. Then when they ask if its because you are moving say no and boom you are in. Good luck and let us know. FYI I called twice last night and still had to talk to a supervisor (3rd different person) to get my deal. See my deal a few posts back. That should work for you to get the pricing you want.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#146 OFFLINE   ichiro

ichiro

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

Well, got tired of waiting for Directv's possible May EI offers, so I went ahead and ordered MLB.com. So far I'm really happy with the HD picture quality, features like getting to watch certain games when it's convenient for me, ability to watch condensed games, highlights, archived games, ability to pull up things like the box score during the game, play game highlights on demand during the game, watch games on my phone or laptop instead of just the TV, and lots of features I haven't even figured out yet.

If there are no picture quality or buffering issues as the season goes on, I'll likely stick with MLB.com instead of EI for around half the price.

Edited by ichiro, 18 April 2013 - 02:10 AM.

#147 OFFLINE   abcward

abcward

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Got the following email today:

Due to a recent system error, you were incorrectly billed for the MLB EXTRA INNINGS package. The amount billed to your account was $223.96 (as a 1-pay or 4-pay option) but the correct amount should have been $199.95 (as a 1-pay or 5-pay option). As a result, you will receive a credit on your next bill.

If you signed up for the 4-pay option, you will be switched from the 4-pay offer ($55.99) to the 5-pay offer ($39.99). You will then be credited $55.99 on your next bill. If you signed up for the 1-pay option, you will receive a credit on your next bill in the amount of $24.01.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV 
1x2.gif

Interesting...

Edited by abcward, 19 April 2013 - 10:30 AM.

spam firewall