Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cast for upcoming season of Amazing Race announced

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

Starts Feb 17th.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

I'll be looking for it. Thanks for the reminder.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,338 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Sounds like the $2 million chance is already gone.

#4 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

i hope the hockey players win
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#5 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

If this season is like the last, it may not last long in our household. We've watched every season and the last few have gotten more and more boring.

Hopefully, things will be a little more challenging for the teams this race.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,338 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

I don't know, seems to me nothing could beat the family edition in terms of being boring. If it weren't for the fact that the winners that year were a local team, I probably would have given up on that one.

#7 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I don't know, seems to me nothing could beat the family edition in terms of being boring. If it weren't for the fact that the winners that year were a local team, I probably would have given up on that one.

The family edition was the exception to the rule, it just seems that unlike the first few editions, the task are all the same. Nothing new has been done, eat this or carry that. And still no one has learned to read the clues.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#8 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

I watch to see how others live. I watch the quality of life of the locals, their country's infrastructure and their customs.

The "players" are incidental to what is otherwise a great travelogue. I don't really care what they do ... my attention is usually elsewhere.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#9 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

I wish they'd make it against the rules to have a local person take them to the location listed in the clue. They can ask a local for directions, but the local should not be allowed to actually take them there. Same for following a taxi when they are told drive themselves to the next location.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

Protected By... spam firewall...And...