Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

netflix super hd

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

No go for Xfinity here.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,901 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Can't get in on Uverse. :(
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#23 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Well with my 10Mb (average test speed is really 9Mb) I couldn't get any higher than high sd. It of course started at low sd then high sd then medium hd then high hd (only for a second) then jump back to high sd.

Guess ill test some more and see. Even in high sd the picture look good. Saturday after noon maybe to many people on Netflix.

As a comparison my network speed on vudu's network speed test pegs out at 9 or greater recommending hdx.

Edited by Christopher Gould, 26 January 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

It seems odd that Netflix has to do some tricks with the ISPs to get superHD while Vudu can get it already without anything like that.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#25 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

https://signup.netflix.com/openconnect

Explains open connect.

#26 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,908 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Gosh and Golly! I wonder why Comcast hasn't quite made it to the table..... want to protect their TV brethren????
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#27 OFFLINE   morgan79

morgan79

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

it shows on the netflix.com/superhd page that my isp is ready (green light)..i called netflix and asked someone she said it should say super hd instead of high which is what im getting (high) she said that i had to call my isp and ask for the open connect network and i did and suddenlink doesnt have a clue what im talking about.......figures...calling netflix back..

#28 OFFLINE   morgan79

morgan79

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

ok fresh off the phone with netflix..netflix.com/superhd scroll down to see if your isp is ready if so it will say so....on my ps3 any program with the super hd logo, when your watching something and you hit the display button and it shows high video quality that is the 1080p. it dont go any higher than that...hope this helps...fantastic pq on 15 megs.

#29 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,757 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

ok fresh off the phone with netflix..netflix.com/superhd scroll down to see if your isp is ready if so it will say so....on my ps3 any program with the super hd logo, when your watching something and you hit the display button and it shows high video quality that is the 1080p. it dont go any higher than that...hope this helps...fantastic pq on 15 megs.

if the 15 Mbps is your DL speed ...then hell, yeah ...

#30 OFFLINE   jerrylove56

jerrylove56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 397 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Gosh and Golly! I wonder why Comcast hasn't quite made it to the table..... want to protect their TV brethren????

My ISP too. Seems that they want to push their own streaming service. (Sreampix) We use to have comcast and it was included with our package. No where close to Netflix, Amazon or Hulu, seemed someone at Comcast thought it could stop subs from cutting their cord.

#31 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Does yours say High/HD or High/SD

#32 OFFLINE   morgan79

morgan79

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

high hd the site shows the 3d programming for the best pq is at least 12 meg..

#33 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,398 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

I just got off the phone with NF and, as usual, the CSR didn't understand much of what I was asking. I did find out that the Sammy BD-e6500s are on the HD list, but they already upscale all NF content to 1080p at 60 frames per second. I'll have to hunt thru the titles on my computers until I find one and give it a try. I asked the CSR for just one title and she couldn't find one. Anyone have a title?

Rich

#34 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,398 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Now I know what to look for there is a lot of super hd available. 11 out of 35 in my queue are in super hd and 17 aren't even in hd so only 7 on regular hd

Give me just one title, please?

Rich

#35 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Give me just one title, please?

Rich

What are you wanting? 1080p titles or Super HD titles?
DTV = Digital Television

#36 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

For super hd it says 7Mb/s max and 5Mb/s mini. Before super hd with only 6Mb ISP I could get x high HD.

I upgraded to 10Mb ISP and with this super hd movies it goes through low sd high sd then med hd and high hd (just for a second) back down to high sd.

With regular hd it taps out at medium hd.

Guess a call to Netflix is in order.

#37 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

The frighteners was super hd. I don't have 3d. It will show "super hd" in the description instead of HD. Offen it has 5.1 too.

#38 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,908 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

For super hd it says 7Mb/s max and 5Mb/s mini. Before super hd with only 6Mb ISP I could get x high HD.

I upgraded to 10Mb ISP and with this super hd movies it goes through low sd high sd then med hd and high hd (just for a second) back down to high sd.

With regular hd it taps out at medium hd.

Guess a call to Netflix is in order.

You might want to sample your download speeds first. May not be a NF glitch at all. Some ISPs don't actually deliver what they say.... imagine! :D
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#39 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

You might want to sample your download speeds first. May not be a NF glitch at all. Some ISPs don't actually deliver what they say.... imagine! :D

I have used speed test and got 9Mb average and tested with vudu's test and got 9Mb.

#40 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

The thing, terminator 2, fire in the sky, the innkeepers all in super hd

spam firewall