Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

netflix super hd

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,796 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

How can they run that company without tech support?

Rich

Possibly because NF is available on such a wide variety of devices.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 777 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

I think it's a bug. The ps3 doesn't know what to call the higher bit rate than high/hd. So it puts up high/sd. They measured it over at avsforums and it showed high/sd.

#63 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,089 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Possibly because NF is available on such a wide variety of devices.

Yeah, I get that. What I don't get is how they think they can go all streaming and not have a bit of tech support.

Rich

#64 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,089 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

I think it's a bug. The ps3 doesn't know what to call the higher bit rate than high/hd. So it puts up high/sd. They measured it over at avsforums and it showed high/sd.

I've been reading about it there too. What one guy got on his TV was 1080/60p. My Panny plasmas only tell you if you have 1080p. Doesn't give any info on frames per second.

I kinda figured it was the 60fps that I was seeing. Still, a major jump in PQ. And they just keep adding Super HD content.

I did compare the SHD content with an upscaled DVD, upscaled to 1080/60p, and the SHD did show a better PQ than the DVD.

Rich

#65 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,089 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

So, I got the Sony 590 yesterday and I'm not happy with it. The remote is not as well thought out as the Sammy remotes, which aren't well thought out, but the Sony remote is really bad. Tiny buttons, big Home button where it's not needed. Can't see the damn thing in a dark room. I'm gonna give it another day and see if I can tolerate it. The PQ is on a par with my Sammy e6500s. The 590 doesn't have a time counter on the front panel as the Sammys do. Another nail in the coffin.

Rich

Well, I hooked up the Sony to my bedroom's AV system (had to disable the home theater as far as viewing BDs or DVDs or streaming content, just using the sound system part) and watched some streaming content last night.

I might just keep it. I have to do some more research, but I know the Panny's remotes and the Sammy remotes, while being a bit better laid out than the Sony, are still kinda hard to use in a dark room. I might give an LG a shot, I dunno. Since I bought the Sony on Amazon, I've got 30 days to find something better. Don't want a box like the Apple TV or the Roku. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rich

#66 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,089 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

NetFlix seems to be having problems with streaming and it's being blamed on the new House of Cards series. What people seem to be seeing is lockups when streaming and rebuffering. Seems like everybody finally caught on and found out what a great series this is.

Problem is, it's also affecting streaming NF content in general. And, naturally, NF is getting a lot of calls they can't answer because the don't have any tech support. What? No tech support? Nope. Nobody I've talked to at NF has any idea what's going on with streaming, nobody.

BTW, I sent that Sony 590 back. Just a step or two below the Sammy e6500s, I think. If I didn't have the Sammys, I might have been happy with the Sony, but the Sammys just work better. Just an opinion.

Rich

#67 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,089 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

One more thought about the Sammy e6500 vs the Sony 590. The Sony was $98 when I bought it and the Sammy is still listed at it's usual price. ~ $170.

Guess you do get what you pay for.

Rich

#68 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 777 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

They have now fixed the super hd bug on the ps3. It doesn't do low sd med sd high sd low hd etc.. It actually says 1080 super hd 720 HD 240 sd etc..

Edited by Christopher Gould, 19 February 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#69 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 777 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

But now the timer doesn't seem to be working. One step forward two steps back lol

#70 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 777 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Called and a couple of days latter the timer is now fixed.

#71 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,089 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Called and a couple of days latter the timer is now fixed.

Gonna be awhile for them to fix all the bugs.

Wish they'd change the UIs.

Rich

spam firewall