Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Don't trust the B in Apt 23 and TBS Wedding Band cancelled

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,911 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

http://www.usatoday....-the-b/1857935/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Half already reported:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=212232
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,911 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Whoops

#4 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Conan averaged 1.1 million viewers in 2012 (according to Neilsen) and he gets an extension through 2014. Go figure.

Despite a roster of notable guest stars including Green's wife Megan Fox, Wedding Band failed to register -- attracting 1.85 million total viewers and 1.1 million in the coveted adults 18-49 demographic, with a mere 613,000 in 18-34 for its November bow.
For a Sat night when the "coveted adults" are out, busy, whatever I think those ratings were pretty good for no advertising. Not sure what tbs was expecting.

#5 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,410 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Sorry to see that "The Wedding Band" didn't make it. It was an enjoyable show, with some interesting characters. TBS didn't even try with it. Oh well.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#6 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

For a Sat night when the "coveted adults" are out, busy, whatever I think those ratings were pretty good for no advertising.

I wouldn't say "no advertising" -- I do remember TBS running plenty of promos for "Wedding Band" during the baseball playoffs.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

I saw so many ads for Wedding Band, more than just on TBS too, it made me not want to watch it.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I tried to watch Wedding Band 2 or 3 times and ended up thinking there was about 10 -15 mins worth of laughs in each show which would be ok for a half an hour show, too bad they were hour long eps.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

Protected By... spam firewall...And...