Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Homeland Season 2 OnDemand missing two episodes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bakerfall

bakerfall

Godfather

• Registered
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

On Jan 22nd some OnDemand episodes of Homeland Season 2 that I "recorded" in December expired. I went to re download them and two of them are now missing. Episodes 8 and 10 are unavailable. They are available on the Showtime to go app on my iPad and this appears to be an oversight. Is there a mechanism to notify DirecTV of the problem and get it resolved. Not a huge deal, but I'd like to watch them on my TV and not my iPad (airplay doesn't work with that app).
HR20-700 (w/1 TB eSATA drive), HR24-500 x3, HR22-100, SWM-16, DECA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Same thing happened to me. I hope we can get the two episodes back soon as my wife and I are almost ready to view episode 10. I guess we should just call directv.

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, Optical Audio to Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 3.41/.71 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#3 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,930 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I sent an e-mail to DIRECTV about the missing episodes. Their response is:

Thank you for brining you concern about the second season of "Homeland" not having episodes 9 (my e-mail question said 8) and 10 via SHOWTIME On Demand.

DIRECTV is a re-broadcasting company which simply means that we can only show the programming that we are provided. We do not own the programming or shows that are aired On Demand. At this time, the content providers have not allowed us to show the episodes you are referring to. Should this change we will update the information as soon as possible.

I used the SHO.COM web site to send a question to them asking about it, wonder what they'll say.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#4 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

I spoke with a technician at directv today about it. She saw the problem for herself, but didn't know anything she could do about it. She said she would hand the issue to a showtime 'expert'. She also encouraged me to let directv know about it through the "contact us" feature on their website. That's just the 'email or call directv about the problem', so I sent them an email. We'll see if I get anything back other than the unresponsive response you received. I'll look into contacting showtime as well. We were planning on watching episode 10 in a few days. I'd really like to get it back on demand.

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, Optical Audio to Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 3.41/.71 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#5 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I spoke with a technician at directv today about it. She saw the problem for herself, but didn't know anything she could do about it. She said she would hand the issue to a showtime 'expert'. She also encouraged me to let directv know about it through the "contact us" feature on their website. That's just the 'email or call directv about the problem', so I sent them an email. We'll see if I get anything back other than the unresponsive response you received. I'll look into contacting showtime as well. We were planning on watching episode 10 in a few days. I'd really like to get it back on demand.

SHO.COM asked for some information and said they would pass it onto an engineer to look into it, but could not provide any timeframe. Their web site does say that both episodes are available via on demand until 4/23/13 so it looks like the DIRECTV's response was a typical don't actually check into a problem and just send a canned response.

#6 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I got the same response from Showtime. Here's what I got from Directv:

"Thank you for writing about getting the episodes 8 & 10 from season 2 of "Homeland". I see you are one of our loyal customers, and we would like you to know that we appreciate your business.

Let me begin by informing you that you may be able to see the show again by checking the program guide. Also, some networks rebroadcast shows later, or carry them on sister stations. Please use the search feature of your DIRECTV receiver to find future airings of a show or check our online TV Listings for details about upcoming showings.

Additionally, many networks let you view shows on their web sites, so you may find the episode you missed. If the episode you missed is not available online, you might want to check their online schedule or show information to see if they have plans to rebroadcast it.

We are committed to delivering the best television experience for you every day and will continue to develop the unique, innovative programming and services that you have come to expect and enjoy from DIRECTV. This is our promise to you.

I appreciate the opportunity to assist you."

Really disapointed in Directv's response to this. At least the technician I spoke with today acknowledged it was a problem, just one she didn't know how to fix. But this response doesn't even acknowledge it as a problem they would try to fix. Just advising me to watch it on the web or search for another showing live (as if I hadn't tried that). Oh well, hopefully, Showtime will fix the problem.

AU9, SWM8
Whole Home.

#7 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Season 2 episodes 8 and 10 are now out there.

#8 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thanks to Showtime for getting them back up!

AU9, SWM8
Whole Home.

#9 OFFLINE   bakerfall

bakerfall

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Yeah! Now I can finish the season :)

#10 OFFLINE   gully_foyle

gully_foyle

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

I make a point to record off a channel itself if I can, just to avoid this kind of expiration. Never know when you are going to find the time to watch that recording.
DirecTV since 1994 // 2014Q2 Setup here

#11 OFFLINE   bakerfall

bakerfall

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 456 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I typically do the same, but I got on the homeland bandwagan a little late.

I also am a fan of occasionally adding a premium channel for a month, and watching a whole season off on demand.

#12 OFFLINE   mrmojo

mrmojo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

I wanted to start watching the Showtime series "House of Lies" and episodes 5,8,9 & 11 from season 1 are not showing up. Very disappointing implementation of VOD! :mad:

#13 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

I wanted to start watching the Showtime series "House of Lies" and episodes 5,8,9 & 11 from season 1 are not showing up. Very disappointing implementation of VOD! :mad:

I'd recommend going to the www.sho.com web site and send them a comment about it, that's how Homeland got fixed.

#14 OFFLINE   dsm

dsm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

How were you folks searching for these episodes? I'm certain I've seen circumstances where Search didn't find them, but browsing the abysmally slow on demand list did. I'm talking about Homeland.

steve

#15 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Go to channel 1545 directly which is Showtime On Demand, select series and then Homeland.

#16 OFFLINE   bakerfall

bakerfall

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

If you have an iPad or iPhone, I find it far easier (and faster) to pull up what you want using the DirecTV app than using the guide.

spam firewall