Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR44 and C41 clients now have a launch date

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Guess we'll know for sure on February 7th.

My Birthday could be a big day. :D
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Well if the Feb 7th date is true, thats close enough for me to push my date back for the install...even more...since I've been riding the fence on to stay with UVerse or go D*, this might be a good reason to wait a bit and see if those are coming out then?

#23 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

The problem is that it does not work that way. The only way you'll know a 44 is definitely on the way is to order it yourself.

I think Solid Signal has worked with other installers in the past, where they send you the equipment and set up with a local installer to do the install. However they had to charge full price to ship, then refund it once activated.

#24 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

The problem is that it does not work that way. The only way you'll know a 44 is definitely on the way is to order it yourself.

I think Solid Signal has worked with other installers in the past, where they send you the equipment and set up with a local installer to do the install. However they had to charge full price to ship, then refund it once activated.

Right. So I would basically have to cancel my order with DirecTV on the 7th if it does come out on SS web site, then order from them, pay for it, then have it refunded after activation? Would I get the same deal for the service that D* has me setup with now? Or am I confusing it all together? I mean D* gave me the whole Genie deal free, etc...so I don't think I want to lose those discounts.

#25 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

I think it'll be very hard to get D* to reimburse you for an HR44 that you buy from somewhere else.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#26 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

But if he can work through Signal Installs and a local installer, new customer deals should apply. They do when you go directly through SS.

#27 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,265 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

They haven't even done a "First Look"on the C41 yet and both it and the HR44 are going to be available to the public in only 11 days?

Certainly not complaining mind you, but sorta hard to believe. :)

#28 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

I think it'll be very hard to get D* to reimburse you for an HR44 that you buy from somewhere else.

Yeah thats not what I was asking, or not what I meant to ask. I think I'm just confused. Nevermind my question, I'll just stick with my install and see what I get...lol...unless I can find a local friend who is an installer and can help me find out when they'll have some in their possession.

#29 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

But if he can work through Signal Installs and a local installer, new customer deals should apply. They do when you go directly through SS.

But how does one do this? I don't know any local installers? Would SS have a list of them in my area they work with etc?

#30 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

I've heard of them doing it in the past. You might want to talk to them and see if they still do that.

http://signalinstalls.com/

#31 OFFLINE   chrisjmccord

chrisjmccord

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Just watching this video, near the end where they compare the menu surfing, it looks a lot faster...

#32 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 827 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

My HR34 is not that slow. I can just about page as fast as the HR44. I'd take another HR34 anytime they want to give me one to replace my 2 HR21s.

#33 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

For me, I find that I rarely use the guide myself. Of course I also have a much smaller guide than what they are showing. Less than 10 button presses and I've gone through all the channels. I likely could pare it down further. It takes about a second to page down a page if I don't actually want to read anything.

#34 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Wasn't the HR34 let out Feb. 9th last year??
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#35 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,305 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Dang Scott. I saw the word May first and immediately thought this coming May. :P

Ah, so the launch date is May First, then!

:eek2::nono:
This is how rumors get started. I've bookmarked the page at Solid Signal, and will also be watching for e-mails from them.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#36 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,971 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

How much do you think it will cost? Do you think Solid Signal is the best route to go about getting one?

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#37 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,305 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

I am guessing $400, and yes, Solid Signal is the place to go as far as I know.

I would love such a unit! But overall I am happy with the gear that I have.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#38 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,801 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

I am guessing $400, and yes, Solid Signal is the place to go as far as I know.

I would love such a unit! But overall I am happy with the gear that I have.

I thought the article said it would be 1/3 the cost of the current Genie? I'm hoping $249/299.

#39 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I thought the article said it would be 1/3 the cost of the current Genie? I'm hoping $249/299.

I believe that price was referring to the cost of building the things - which has no relationship to what they charge for it!

#40 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,392 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Currently no, we were told this May change in the future but that was all that was said.

So, what's the plan? Do they even have one? If they do away with the 2 tuner DVRs I'd need at least 8 of the Genies to feed my 8 plasmas and a non-DVR receiver isn't gonna make anyone in my family happy. Does their plan include, "How do I back up my content?"? (Did I use that second question mark correctly?)

Which brings me to my second question: Why only one on an account?

Rich

Protected By... spam firewall...And...