Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR44 and C41 clients now have a launch date

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

I was thinking out loud that most likely the odds of getting an HR44 in the near future are pretty good because there are only 2 models compared to the HR21, 22, 23, and 24 you could get (HR20 no longer sent out?)

My guess is that it will likely be just like the HR2x's, with the newest model being sent to the installation people and a mixture of new and refurbished equipment used when they ship directly to a customer.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

back to the question of would I get an HR34 or HR44 or is a Genie a Genie?

Check post #57.

A Genie is a Genie. You won't be able to order a specific model just like HR2x's.

#83 OFFLINE   Notthecableguy

Notthecableguy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any reliable information on how many active receivers are currently in use? Any info on the split between standard, HD, and HD DVR's?

It would be interesting to know what the "average" number of receivers is per customer.

This kind of information might help inform the discussion on when multiple Genies might be allowed.

#84 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,986 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any reliable information on how many active receivers are currently in use? Any info on the split between standard, HD, and HD DVR's?

It would be interesting to know what the "average" number of receivers is per customer.

This kind of information might help inform the discussion on when multiple Genies might be allowed.

IIRC previous threads on the subject it was rumored that most folks have three or less receivers and only one DVR, which is supposed to be why the one Genie and three concurrent clients max.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#85 OFFLINE   ryman

ryman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think it'll be very hard to get D* to reimburse you for an HR44 that you buy from somewhere else.

Yeah I'd be curious to see if D* reimburses someone who paid for a leased receiver through a 3rd party vendor:lol:
To each his own...

HR34-700 connected to Samsung 46" LED

(2) C31-700 Clients (1 connected WiFi adapter)

(2) HR24-500's

HR22-100

H24-700

Directv nomad

All connected via SWM16 to Ka/Ku5 and 36" International

#86 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,986 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Yeah I'd be curious to see if D* reimburses someone who paid for a leased receiver through a 3rd party vendor:lol:

DIRECTV gave me a $200 account credit when I wanted a HR24 when they first came out so I could buy it from a 3rd party. Don't know if they still do that practice though.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#87 OFFLINE   ryman

ryman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Just confirmed with both a D* tech and a trainer with MASTEC - tomorrow is when the field techs start training on the HR44. National release is NOT 02/07 - but the new pricing goes into effect on 2/07 I believe.
To each his own...

HR34-700 connected to Samsung 46" LED

(2) C31-700 Clients (1 connected WiFi adapter)

(2) HR24-500's

HR22-100

H24-700

Directv nomad

All connected via SWM16 to Ka/Ku5 and 36" International

#88 OFFLINE   shuye

shuye

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

To continue with what Woj027 was saying:

With a Genie being a Genie, the 34 has not been out all that long so almost everyone who has one is still under contract, so returns due to a customer leaving Direct would be seem to be pretty low. If Direct stopped production of the 34 and just producted the 44 - the supply of 34's doesn't figure to be that large and it would seem that you would be more likely to get a 44 once they go national.

HR34-700 - owned
HR24-500 - owned
H24 - owned
Nomad

#89 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,463 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

To continue with what Woj027 was saying:

With a Genie being a Genie, the 34 has not been out all that long so almost everyone who has one is still under contract, so returns due to a customer leaving Direct would be seem to be pretty low. If Direct stopped production of the 34 and just producted the 44 - the supply of 34's doesn't figure to be that large and it would seem that you would be more likely to get a 44 once they go national.

Sadly, using logic rarely works with D*.. :nono2:

Rich

#90 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Couldn't find this thread, so I had created another one regarding the availability of it at Solid Signal...

http://www.dbstalk.c...903#post3176903

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#91 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Just confirmed with both a D* tech and a trainer with MASTEC - tomorrow is when the field techs start training on the HR44. National release is NOT 02/07 - but the new pricing goes into effect on 2/07 I believe.

Official launch date does not mean the entire country will begin installing at the same time. Chances are it will begin in Colorado and branch out. No set criteria as to what parts of the country will be receiving it first after that. Might as well add the tag at this point.

#92 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Also, I would take anything Mastec says with an entire canister of salt.
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#93 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 995 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

I heard April for general release.

#94 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

there is NO general releaase date.....yes a genie is a genie...internet access is decided by the field tech I.E. 34 vs 44
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#95 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

there is NO general releaase date.....yes a genie is a genie...internet access is decided by the field tech I.E. 34 vs 44

I heard it from an installer friend of mine. He said the HR44 is being beta tested in two markets in Ohio and will be in general release in late April. He said he was told this in a recent meeting.

#96 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

think it will make a difference of which model you will get if don't have a CCK to access online content
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#97 OFFLINE   mdpeterman

mdpeterman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

I heard it from an installer friend of mine. He said the HR44 is being beta tested in two markets in Ohio and will be in general release in late April. He said he was told this in a recent meeting.

Do you know which Ohio Markets by chance?

#98 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

think it will make a difference of which model you will get if don't have a CCK to access online content

Highly unlikely. If it's being installed by a technician, he would come with the connection kit if it was needed, or just connect directly to the router. If it's being shipped out, they will just ship a wireless kit with the genie(assuming it was an HR34). The only difference here is whether they need to include a connection kit with the receiver or not. I don't see that being important enough to warrant a specific model.

Just my $.02
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#99 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Do you know which Ohio Markets by chance?

Sorry, I don't. BTW, my sister lived in Westerville back in the late 80s. It was near a reservoir. That's all I remember.

#100 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

I've got a buddy who beta tested the genie for 6 months before its release. He asked about beta testing the HR44 and was told the beta is finished. I would add, he was not told if it had ended entirely or just based on our area.

spam firewall