Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR44 and C41 clients now have a launch date

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Ummm yeah two DMA's in Ohio = general release across the USA....really?
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Did someone say "National Launch"? I must not have seen that.
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#103 OFFLINE   mdpeterman

mdpeterman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Sorry, I don't. BTW, my sister lived in Westerville back in the late 80s. It was near a reservoir. That's all I remember.

Sure is near a reservoir. I'm sitting in bed, looking out the window at it... and my computer screen. :)

#104 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Highly unlikely. If it's being installed by a technician, he would come with the connection kit if it was needed, or just connect directly to the router. If it's being shipped out, they will just ship a wireless kit with the genie(assuming it was an HR34). The only difference here is whether they need to include a connection kit with the receiver or not. I don't see that being important enough to warrant a specific model.

Just my $.02

i was sort of afraid of that if it is true i just don't have another power outlet to plug a CCK into lol
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#105 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

If you were paying attention, and apparently you weren't, I said I was told it was in testing in two Ohio markets and would be released nationally in April. Whether or not that information is true remains to be seen.

#106 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

i was sort of afraid of that if it is true i just don't have another power outlet to plug a CCK into lol

lol... If you have a SWM installed, just connect the wireless connection kit pretty much anywhere in your setup. It doesn't have to be in a specific room or attached to a specific receiver.
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#107 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

I hope they don't release it too soon, and if they do they better have sufficient testing with software and hardware, We don't want to be the guinea pigs :)

Edit: I see it shows a pre-release on Solidsignal

Edited by acostapimps, 11 February 2013 - 07:42 PM.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#108 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I hope they don't release it too soon, and if they do they better have sufficient testing with software and hardware, We don't want to be the guinea pigs :)

Edit: I see it shows a pre-release on Solidsignal

They already had the HR34 as a decently solid platform so they weren't really launching a brand new product, just a revised one.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...