Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Odd HR34 Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wyannuzzi

Wyannuzzi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts
  • LocationShavertown PA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Have a very weird issue with my HR34. If I change the channel to a sporting event that is blacked out in my area, I get the normal black out message. But when I try to change the channel, it appears to go to the new channel but will not tune in, only blank screen. I can call up the guide and select a channel from the guide, but still will not tune in, just a blank screen. Hitting info displays the correct show, but will not tune in. I can watch a recorded show but not any live TV. The only way to rectify it is to do a receiver restart. This doesn't happen all the time, about 50% of the time when I go to a blacked out sporting event, no rhyme or reason that I can see.

Anyone else having similar issues?
HR34-700
HR24-100
H25-100
H25-100
H25-100
HR24-100

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,649 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Does this only happen with the sports channels?
I trust you have a SWM16 setup? Hopefully there are no more than 8 tuners on each SWM branch?
Who installed your HR34? When?
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   Wyannuzzi

Wyannuzzi

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts
  • LocationShavertown PA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Have had the HR34 since Aug-Sept. SWM16 longer than that. Directv Installer, no more than 8 on each branch. Have never had an issue until this past week when trying to watch Hockey games that have been blacked out. Doesn't happen all the time either and is not consistent on when it will do it. Am baffled.
HR34-700
HR24-100
H25-100
H25-100
H25-100
HR24-100

#4 OFFLINE   Wyannuzzi

Wyannuzzi

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts
  • LocationShavertown PA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Bump
HR34-700
HR24-100
H25-100
H25-100
H25-100
HR24-100

#5 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,007 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

This is watching a show live on the HR34, not a recording, correct? Have you tried doing this same thing on one of the other DVRs or receivers, and if so does the problem also happen there?

One thing you might try, a bit of a pain, would be to power down your entire system (remove power, not just turn off). Then apply power to the SWM16, wait 30 seconds to a minute, power up the next unit, wait, power up another, wait, etc., until the entire system is back up. I don't really think this will make a difference, but possibly.

Beyond that, there is a way to report problems from a specific DVR. That won't get you an immediate resolution, but it provides DirecTV engineering data that can be used to help diagnose and correct these types of problems in future software builds. Typically you would do this in conjunction with speaking with a CSR regarding the problem.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...