Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Saving PTAT shows question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johnstred

johnstred

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Anybody else has seen this?
When I first installed the Hopper, I was able to go into the guide and the PTAT network shows and select a show in advance of air date and tell it to save to my partition. That is not available any more (Now I have only two options: view Schedule and More Info - the save series is no longer there).
Since the last software upgrade, I can only tell Hopper to do so once the show aired by selecting it in the stored PTAT folder and then tell it to save individually or as series.. Has something changed or am, I missing something?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

what FW version you have ?

#3 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Are you trying to do this on an ABC channel, if so its a bug that has been widely discussed at the other site. One work around is to use the Search button while in the guide and then either Seek and Record or click on the show and go to the episode list. This appeared in S234.

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

There was an updated post stating the fix is coming in the next sw push.

#5 OFFLINE   johnstred

johnstred

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Are you trying to do this on an ABC channel, if so its a bug that has been widely discussed at the other site. One work around is to use the Search button while in the guide and then either Seek and Record or click on the show and go to the episode list. This appeared in S234.

Thanks, it was indeed ABC, but I also noticed it on others. I also see a post stating a fix is coming - and thatw or around also worked. Thanks everyone!

#6 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,274 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

I just checked this on my Hopper w/sling and it savers from PTAT just fine for all channels. So I would expect it will get fixed on the hopper without sling soon.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#7 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

I just checked this on my Hopper w/sling and it savers from PTAT just fine for all channels. So I would expect it will get fixed on the hopper without sling soon.

It isn't just hopper related from what I understand but the issue is only occurring in certain local markets. It doesn't happen on my original or my new HWS since my local market isn't affected. I'm sure it's the same for you.

#8 OFFLINE   BonefishPaul

BonefishPaul

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Anybody else has seen this?
When I first installed the Hopper, I was able to go into the guide and the PTAT network shows and select a show in advance of air date and tell it to save to my partition. That is not available any more (Now I have only two options: view Schedule and More Info - the save series is no longer there).
Since the last software upgrade, I can only tell Hopper to do so once the show aired by selecting it in the stored PTAT folder and then tell it to save individually or as series.. Has something changed or am, I missing something?

I'm having the same issue and live in the South Florida market. Has Dish indicated when the SW push is going to take place?

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

I'm having the same issue and live in the South Florida market. Has Dish indicated when the SW push is going to take place?

Sure, as usual - soon. :)

spam firewall