Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Canadian Hockey Feeds in NHLCI

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Are you sure it's TSN Jets and not TSN Habs? I saw an ad for Bell Fibe TV which is only available in Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City.

Bell tv owns TSN.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Bell tv owns TSN.

They were advertising Bell Fibe TV, a fiber TV service only available in Montreal, Quebec City and Toronto. TSN Jets isn't available in those areas.

#23 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

They were advertising Bell Fibe TV, a fiber TV service only available in Montreal, Quebec City and Toronto. TSN Jets isn't available in those areas.

Basic TSN ad's that local systems in the TSN jets area put there own ad's over them?

#24 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Seeing the jets logo

#25 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Yeah I just saw it too, weird that they would have an ad for Fibe TV which isn't even available in Winnipeg.

#26 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Yeah I just saw it too, weird that they would have an ad for Fibe TV which isn't even available in Winnipeg.

and a TSN habs holding page at the end??

DID TSN just put the jet's feed on the TSN habs channel?

#27 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

and a TSN habs holding page at the end??

DID TSN just put the jet's feed on the TSN habs channel?

This may prove where Directv is getting their Canadian Center Ice feeds. I have a Shaw Direct system, next to my Directv system and the same thing was happening over there. There were two feeds for that game and both were the same, broadcasting on their Center Ice package.

#28 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 989 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

This may prove where Directv is getting their Canadian Center Ice feeds. I have a Shaw Direct system, next to my Directv system and the same thing was happening over there. There were two feeds for that game and both were the same, broadcasting on their Center Ice package.

How does that prove anything? I guarantee you that DirecTV is NOT getting their CI feeds from Shaw Direct. TSN probably just did one broadcast of that game and aired it on both of their regional feeds. They wouldn't be the first to do that.

#29 OFFLINE   steve_launch

steve_launch

Mentor

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

How does that prove anything? I guarantee you that DirecTV is NOT getting their CI feeds from Shaw Direct. TSN probably just did one broadcast of that game and aired it on both of their regional feeds. They wouldn't be the first to do that.

This makes sense. I doubt they would send two crews there. They probably just overlay the TSN-JETS or TSN-HABS material on top of the same base feed.

#30 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

This makes sense. I doubt they would send two crews there. They probably just overlay the TSN-JETS or TSN-HABS material on top of the same base feed.

It was certainly the Jets broadcasters calling the game. Dennis Beyak, the Jets play by play guy is one of the best in the business. He should be on Hockey Night in Canada IMHO...

#31 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Canadiens/Senators SD only tonight. :(

#32 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Canadiens/Senators SD only tonight. :(

Yes because it's a national TSN feed. DirecTV does not include these in the NHLCI package.

#33 OFFLINE   steve_launch

steve_launch

Mentor

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Yes because it's a national TSN feed. DirecTV does not include these in the NHLCI package.

I would love to just have someone from the DirecTV sports department give us the technical details on how all this works (or doesn't work). I don't understand how they can have a TSN regional HD feed one day - which implies that they have the equipment capability to do this - and then not be able to show HD feeds of a TSN national game the next day. :nono:

#34 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

I would love to just have someone from the DirecTV sports department give us the technical details on how all this works (or doesn't work). I don't understand how they can have a TSN regional HD feed one day - which implies that they have the equipment capability to do this - and then not be able to show HD feeds of a TSN national game the next day. :nono:

rights?? other fees? was that feed sent out FTA or in some way that made it low cost to have??

indemand had it as well and they Don't have the TSN national games in HD.

#35 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 989 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

If TSN is anything like ESPN, they may be charging a boatload of money for the rights to use their feeds. DirecTV has never used a national TSN HD feed and has only occasionally picked up a regional HD feed from them. To my knowledge, InDemand is exactly the same way with TSN HD.

In the month of February, InDemand's HD schedule has only two TSN feeds, both of which are regional (TSN-JETS):

1. 2/7 Toronto @ Winnipeg (GAMEHD7)
2. 2/28 New Jersey @ Winnipeg (GAMEHD6)

In both cases, TSN-JETS is the only feed InDemand is carrying in HD (they do not use MSG HD). Also, good luck finding a cable system that actually carries enough GAMEHD channels to include those games.

#36 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Dual feed HD tonight for Caps/Leafs. SportsNet Ontario looks excellent in HD.

#37 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

To night Directv plans to have CBC HD and the CSN Chi HD remap.

also on the directv web site they have the (Blackhawks Feed) and (Sabres Feed) listed but the CBC feeds don't have (team name on them)

InDemand just has CBC HD.

#38 OFFLINE   noahproblem

noahproblem

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Not that I'll be able to see it anyway (blacked out in the Boston area) but is the NHLN telecast of the BOS-TOR game the CBC (HNIC) feed or the NESN (Bruins) feed?

#39 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,694 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Not that I'll be able to see it anyway (blacked out in the Boston area) but is the NHLN telecast of the BOS-TOR game the CBC (HNIC) feed or the NESN (Bruins) feed?

HNIC

#40 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Yay, CBC HD for Ottawa/Montreal today.

spam firewall