Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Canadian Hockey Feeds in NHLCI

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

DirecTV seems to have a thing for the Leafs. Have they had every Leafs feed in HD so far this season? Haven't noticed if they also got the Leafs TV feed (doubt that one.)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

DirecTV seems to have a thing for the Leafs. Have they had every Leafs feed in HD so far this season? Haven't noticed if they also got the Leafs TV feed (doubt that one.)

DirecTV doesn't usually carry LeafsTV feeds in SD much less HD. As has been explained here before the Leafs benefit from the fact that DirecTV is required to carry Sportsnet in HD because of the terms of the MLB Extra Innings contract.

The NHL so far at least doesn't make their "partners" carry all HD feeds of games.

#43 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Might have something to do with the fact that Toronto has an MLB team and DirecTV already has in place what they need to get HD feeds from Toronto.

#44 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Sportsnet production guys have a sense of humour.

Posted Image

#45 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Might have something to do with the fact that Toronto has an MLB team and DirecTV already has in place what they need to get HD feeds from Toronto.

I also think they have CBC Toronto HD
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#46 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

DirecTV doesn't usually carry LeafsTV feeds in SD much less HD. As has been explained here before the Leafs benefit from the fact that DirecTV is required to carry Sportsnet in HD because of the terms of the MLB Extra Innings contract.

The NHL so far at least doesn't make their "partners" carry all HD feeds of games.

It is true that the Blue Jays are ultimately the reason why DirecTV has acess to SportsNet Ontario HD, but it is most definitely NOT an MLB requirement. Years ago, DirecTV charged an extra fee to EI subscribers to get HD games (it was called SuperFan). That fee went towards the extra cost needed to access HD games from various sources, including SportsNet Ontario. The MLB does require broadcasters to make their HD feeds available, but it is still up to the providers to purchase the necessary equipment and/or license fees to use the feeds.

#47 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hockey Day in Canada is on Feb the 9th. I'm wondering what if any coverage we will receive in the United States of Hockey. ;)

#48 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

This makes sense. I doubt they would send two crews there. They probably just overlay the TSN-JETS or TSN-HABS material on top of the same base feed.

Because on the regular Habs HD channel and the Jets HD channel, they had different broadcasts. For the record, Canadian regional broadcasts must have separate broadcast feeds. You can see that clearly, when the Western teams play each other and have separate broadcasts, on Sportsnet.

#49 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,063 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hockey Day in Canada is on Feb the 9th. I'm wondering what if any coverage we will receive in the United States of Hockey. ;)

I don't know about DirecTV's plans, but as of now Sports iNDemand only has the early games starting at 2pm, and then the late game at 10pm. No indication of any of the extended coverage starting at noon.

NHL Network, which usually carried the full block from 12pm - 6pm has NOTHING this year except Hockey Tonight at 6:30pm and the 7pm CBC game. They even have Coyotes @ Sharks at 4pm which is likely going to result in Hockey Tonight being joined in progress.

#50 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

It's GREAT to see that the "Celebrating the Game" piece of Hockey Day in Canada is showing up in the on screen guide for noon on Saturday, Thank you DirecTV!

#51 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

We are getting a national TSN feed of Stars and Oilers tonight. The Bruins Habs game which is in the last minute is actually on the channel now.

#52 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

I could only find the SD version of this last night ... was the HD version on as well?

#53 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

I could only find the SD version of this last night ... was the HD version on as well?

No it was just SD. I was just surprised it was there at all. For those of us who follow Canadian teams SD feeds are better than no feeds at all.

#54 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Here is a link from the NHL that confirms coverage on Hockey Day in Canada as part of the NHL Center Ice Package.

http://www.nhl.com/i....d=nhl:topheads

#55 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 721 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Here is a link from the NHL that confirms coverage on Hockey Day in Canada as part of the NHL Center Ice Package.

http://www.nhl.com/i....d=nhl:topheads

Let us all celebrate. Together even...
:)

#56 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,770 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

The channel is up. 769/769-1 :)

#57 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 721 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

The channel is up. 769/769-1 :)

I love the production of the whole thing. Really incredible.

#58 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

I love the production of the whole thing. Really incredible.

Yes, I'm very grateful the NHL put this on NHLCI this year. I actually prefer this to when it's been on the NHL network.

I suspect we'll miss a few minutes at 6:30 because the NHL Network are showing the Coyotes and Sharks at 4 and that game probably won't be over at 6:30. And we'll probably a few minutes after the 7 pm game is over and before the late game starts. But those are fairly minor problems.

Again, having access to this is wonderful.

#59 OFFLINE   wilsonc

wilsonc

Legend

• Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

CBC coverage on Friday night!! Pens at Jets on right now 769 and 769-1.

#60 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 721 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Yes, I'm very grateful the NHL put this on NHLCI this year. I actually prefer this to when it's been on the NHL network.

I suspect we'll miss a few minutes at 6:30 because the NHL Network are showing the Coyotes and Sharks at 4 and that game probably won't be over at 6:30. And we'll probably a few minutes after the 7 pm game is over and before the late game starts. But those are fairly minor problems.

Again, having access to this is wonderful.

Funny thing was at 6:30 they never pulled the plug for the news. It was kinda interesting to watch. At least I thought it was.

As for Friday CBC, wow. I had taken someone to see the GreenDay Broadway show and was not at the homestead to view.. Did get to see some I the Dallas at Vancouver game though. Dallas does look good this season.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...