Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Room

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tae111

tae111

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I have a room that I would like to put a tv in. The problem is it is impossible to run a coax to that room. Does Directv offer a tuner that connects wirelessly to my existing service? The room is in a condo

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tae111

tae111

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

I was thinking of getting a Slingbox but that would require me to watch the same channel that was on the main TV.

#3 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,254 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

A workaround for you would be to use a Client (C31) that is hooked up to a wireless-CCK. A few people have done that. It is definitely not a supported setup though.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,746 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

A workaround for you would be to use a Client (C31) that is hooked up to a wireless-CCK. A few people have done that. It is definitely not a supported setup though.

- Merg

and the success of this method vary widley on many factors, such as house construction materials a this can affect your wireless network range also having too many devices in your LAN can have negative effects as well

#5 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

I have a room that I would like to put a tv in. The problem is it is impossible to run a coax to that room. Does Directv offer a tuner that connects wirelessly to my existing service? The room is in a condo

Nothing is "impossible", if your worried about looks I could likely carpet fish a line into the room. It wouldnt be free.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#6 OFFLINE   tae111

tae111

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I was looking at a video about the wireless cck. I'm guessing the c-31 hooks up to that to give you a full channel lineup. I'm a little baffled as to why it would be unsupported though since all the componants are Directv. If it's the answer to what I'm trying to accomplish the issue of it being a supported setup or not will not matter if I don't have any other choice. The condo is my brother in laws in Florida. He just got Directv. The main TV was not an issue but trying to get it hooked up in the bed room is turning out to be a pain. The installer told him he would have to take down part of his ceiling and recomended a contractor for the job. We are trying to avoid that route.

#7 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I was looking at a video about the wireless cck. I'm guessing the c-31 hooks up to that to give you a full channel lineup. I'm a little baffled as to why it would be unsupported though since all the componants are Directv. If it's the answer to what I'm trying to accomplish the issue of it being a supported setup or not will not matter if I don't have any other choice. The condo is my brother in laws in Florida. He just got Directv. The main TV was not an issue but trying to get it hooked up in the bed room is turning out to be a pain. The installer told him he would have to take down part of his ceiling and recomended a contractor for the job. We are trying to avoid that route.

It's unsupported because DirecTV probably wants a C31 connected to the SWiM via coax - the RVU connection slows things down as it is and then add wireless on top and there can be issues. That said, works very well for me. What kind of wireless signal is there in the desired location? How about other networks interfering?

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup 

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

Protected By... spam firewall...And...