Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

getting 4.0 remote to operate 222k

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   logger

logger

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts
  • Locationellijay,ga

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Anyone have any idea how to get a 4.0 remote to operate tv2 on a 222k?I have 4 left from my 322 and hate to let them go waste.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,715 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

lf it has a flipping tab, then you could

#3 OFFLINE   John79605

John79605

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

I have three 4.0 remotes operating TV 2 on a 222k so it is possible even though I was told it was impossible. Mine are on address 6 UHF Pro Band A. TV 1 is using address 1 UHF Pro Band A as well, with the 20.0 and 21.0 remotes. So much for even addresses being one band and odd addresses being the other.

It's been two years since I got the setup working so I don't remember exactly how it happened, but it took weeks of fussing with it. The key could be using an even number for the address.

#4 OFFLINE   logger

logger

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts
  • Locationellijay,ga

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

I'll try your combinations on my remotes when I get time.I've changed the address on the 4.0 before with no luck but I can't see why it won't work.Of course I've not had any luck with the"learning" part of my 20.0 remote for using some of my t.v. and dvd buttons either.....lol.

#5 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

I'll try your combinations on my remotes when I get time.I've changed the address on the 4.0 before with no luck but I can't see why it won't work.Of course I've not had any luck with the"learning" part of my 20.0 remote for using some of my t.v. and dvd buttons either.....lol.

I'm pretty sure it does need to be programmed to an even number.

#6 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Do you have the remote with the Blue TV2 UHF tab or the Black tab showing? You should be able to address the remote to the receiver using any remote code other than the one already being used by TV1.

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am, Monday 11:30am-8:00pm (MST)

#7 OFFLINE   logger

logger

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts
  • Locationellijay,ga

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

I finally got it to work!I set the uhf address code on 5 for tv2 and now have control.I don't know if odd/even makes a difference but for me it works.Thanks for the help and suggestions.:hurah:

#8 OFFLINE   John79605

John79605

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Now teach extra codes to the 20.0 and 21.0 remotes. I taught tv codes and blu-ray codes and AVR codes that make the 20 and 21 all-in-one. The trick to it seems to be fresh batteries.

#9 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Jeez,

I thought you had to flip the tab at the bottom to make this work.

At least that is what I had to do with mine.....

#10 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Jeez,

I thought you had to flip the tab at the bottom to make this work.

At least that is what I had to do with mine.....

Flipping the tab needs to be done, then proceed to program it to the box in UHF mode. If you only had to flip the tab, then most likely the receiver address for tv2 was already set at number 1, and number 1 is the default when the tab is flipped which is why it worked right away for you. However, I believe some older remotes will only work with newer receivers when programmed in A band. (Odd/even address number determines the band) I guess the 4.0 remote isn't one of those remotes.

#11 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Flipping the tab needs to be done, then proceed to program it to the box in UHF mode. If you only had to flip the tab, then most likely the receiver address for tv2 was already set at number 1, and number 1 is the default when the tab is flipped which is why it worked right away for you. However, I believe some older remotes will only work with newer receivers when programmed in A band. (Odd/even address number determines the band) I guess the 4.0 remote isn't one of those remotes.

OK,
Just for the learning curve, where do I view the receiver address for tv 2?

Are we talking about the modulator set up in the menu?

#12 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

OK,
Just for the learning curve, where do I view the receiver address for tv 2?

Are we talking about the modulator set up in the menu?

In System Info, its labeled TV2 Remote Address. You can view System Info from either TV, but you must be at TV1 with System Info open in order to program either remote.

Modulator Setup is where you set the channel that TV 2 must be set on. (Ch.60/73)

#13 OFFLINE   logger

logger

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts
  • Locationellijay,ga

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

My tab already read "2" from using it on my 322 receiver.I assumed flipping the tab was a cosmetic thing so you would know the remote worked with tv2.Does the plastic tab actually have anything to do with it's electronic function?:grin:

#14 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,715 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

yes, it does - there is a small switch inside

#15 OFFLINE   logger

logger

Cool Member

• Topic Starter