Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish VIP722 audio problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Private007

Private007

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I have just replaced 2 different VIP722 boxes. They are different from the original VIP722. The led lights are NOT as bright!

Now the problem is:
My optical audio cable that work on other units connected to my Harmon Kardon AVR55 do not work. Ive bought a new cable and still nothing.
The cables do work as Ive tested them from my DVD.

So what is new about this box that its not optical cable friendly?
Or is there a solution?
And I don't think its just bad luck with 2 cables that Work via any other component.

I mean I'm about to go out and buy a new receiver as this avr55 is old...But if I do and it still don't work even if I get ANOTHER cable..Ill freak.

So....I'm fairly literate in A/V
So....
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek2:

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

I have just replaced 2 different VIP722 boxes. They are different from the original VIP722. The led lights are NOT as bright!

Now the problem is:
My optical audio cable that work on other units connected to my Harmon Kardon AVR55 do not work. Ive bought a new cable and still nothing.
The cables do work as Ive tested them from my DVD.

So what is new about this box that its not optical cable friendly?
Or is there a solution?
And I don't think its just bad luck with 2 cables that Work via any other component.

I mean I'm about to go out and buy a new receiver as this avr55 is old...But if I do and it still don't work even if I get ANOTHER cable..Ill freak.

So....I'm fairly literate in A/V
So....
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek2:

Have you messed with the audio PCM Dolby settings in the receiver to see if that helps? Most of the time these audio none on an av receivers are caused by incorrect settings. It is possible that you got two bad receivers but its not too likely.

Edited by some guy, 25 January 2013 - 08:47 PM.

spam firewall