Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to control volume from the C31 Genie Mini Client

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ivada

ivada

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Hi, I'm new here and could use your help.

I have the HR34 whole home DVR with 3 mini clients around the house. One of them is in my gym hooked up to a computer monitor (not TV). I'm using the AV port from the back of the mini client for piping audio to my Altec Lansing speaker setup. However, I am unable to program the DirecTV remote to control volume from the mini client. I browsed all the makes of audio equipment that the program remote screen displays but have not found anything under "DirecTV". Anyone have a similar setup and could advise how to proceed? Thanks in advance for your help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,592 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

You can't control the volume output of the C31 client, or any DirecTV DVR/Receiver. You need to control the volume of your Altec Lansing speakers using their volume knob.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Litzdog911 is correct, the audio outputs of the C31 (as well as all other current DirecTV receivers that I know of) are fixed level outputs. That means you can't control the volume level on them. They have to be used with a TV, or audio system that can adjust the volume.

Some cable boxes like the Motorolas I used to have with Inisght/Comcast had variable audio ouputs that you could use to control the volume if your TV or speakers didn't have their own volume control, but I don't believe any DirecTV receivers have that option.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

If the Altec Lansing speaker set does not have a remote controlled volume, there is no way to control the volume remotely. If it does have a remote controlled volume, you'll just need to luck out and find a remote code.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...