Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

CSR Friendliness works

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

One thing I've learn is to be really friendly and have off-topic conversation if you have to with CSR's to get good discounts and credits, You can start with how is the weather over at so and so and or tell some sobbing or exciting stories if you like LOL, that's how I got a great discount of Sunday Ticket and bill credits, being loud,rude or obnoxious gets you nowhere but a hangup or maybe escalated to a supervisor at least.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

One thing I've learn is to be really friendly and have off-topic conversation if you have to with CSR's to get good discounts and credits, You can start with how is the weather over at so and so and or tell some sobbing or exciting stories if you like LOL, that's how I got a great discount of Sunday Ticket and bill credits, being loud,rude or obnoxious gets you nowhere but a hangup or maybe escalated to a supervisor at least.

+1

I think that's true in just about all areas of life. Very good message!

#3 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,963 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Yep, it's true with every interaction in life, which I try to live by if possible.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,499 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Excellent point!
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#5 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

It's all about attitude and empathy. Some people get it and some people never will.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#6 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Yep, the ole' "Kill'em with Kindness" strategy has worked many times for me as well over the years.

Also being a non-stop customer since '95 doesn't hurt either. ;)

#7 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yes, it's a shame that some folks prefer to treat them with so little respect and courtesy.
DTV = Digital Television

#8 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Also being a non-stop customer since '95 doesn't hurt either. ;)

Just imagine if you had signed in '94!!!! :)

#9 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 475 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Yes this is true but SOMETIMES its very hard!!

Like with the cable company FORCING EVERYONE TO NAVIGATOR.. Complete trash/garbage .. I havent watched cable TV since they put this crap on the boxs,ITS HORRIBLE!!!! (Slow/ugly,etc)

Maybe i should try your technique and see if they will put SARA back on my IRD?? (That would be excellent)

#10 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,433 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

It may be horrible (I haven't seen it), but what I always keep in mind, that's not the CSR's fault. They have no control over that, or a vote.

I think the chance of getting them to put the old system back is about as high as getting DirecTV to put the old GUI back.

spam firewall