Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2 Hopper 1 Joey questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mike3748

mike3748

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Just moved from comcast and did the 2 hopper 1 joey setup. Here's some weird things I've noticed. If anyone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if there's some setting to correct it let me know.

1.) with 2 hoppers, sure there's 6 tuners to play with but in reality it's 3 tuners + 3 separate tuners. Why can't Hopper A use the tuners from Hopper B? If all 3 tuner's on Hopper A are being used for recording, I can't watch live signal on that TV (Hopper A), even though Hopper B could have 3 open tuners not being used.

2.) so the solution to the above would be to split the recordings between the two hoppers, but now I have to navigate and keep track of two separate DVR lists and Timers. With all the shows that my wife records, it could get confusing.

3.) So if Hopper A can't see the tuners for Hopper B, I can't watch a live show on Hopper A and pause it, and resume watching it on Hopper B?

4.) Hopper A is the new one with sling built in. Watching recordings on Hopper A is great, but I can't watch the recordings on Hopper B with the sling? Why can't Hopper A stream the recording from Hopper B?

Thanks for any replies....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Just moved from comcast and did the 2 hopper 1 joey setup. Here's some weird things I've noticed. If anyone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if there's some setting to correct it let me know.

1.) with 2 hoppers, sure there's 6 tuners to play with but in reality it's 3 tuners + 3 separate tuners. Why can't Hopper A use the tuners from Hopper B? If all 3 tuner's on Hopper A are being used for recording, I can't watch live signal on that TV (Hopper A), even though Hopper B could have 3 open tuners not being used.

Full integration is not available, you can only access the 3 tuners from the Hopper you are viewing from or linked to.

2.) so the solution to the above would be to split the recordings between the two hoppers, but now I have to navigate and keep track of two separate DVR lists and Timers. With all the shows that my wife records, it could get confusing.

You can also manage this via DishAnywhere.com or the mobile app

3.) So if Hopper A can't see the tuners for Hopper B, I can't watch a live show on Hopper A and pause it, and resume watching it on Hopper B?

Correct, but you can record it while its airing and watch it via the DVR end by accessing the other Hoppers DVR via the My Recording menu.

4.) Hopper A is the new one with sling built in. Watching recordings on Hopper A is great, but I can't watch the recordings on Hopper B with the sling? Why can't Hopper A stream the recording from Hopper B?

See attached

Thanks for any replies....

I also have one original Hopper and one Hopper with Sling and one Joey. The picture below is what you should also see, the other Hopper as an option.

image-1058508807.jpg

Edited by some guy, 25 January 2013 - 10:34 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

1. Hopper A can view a recording from Hopper B and vise versa, but that is currently all.
2. True
3. You can but only if you record the program
4. Not sure, I have yet to physically see the Hopper w/sling.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,862 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Mike, tuner and recorder practically one psychical device, so it cannot be divided and re-routed. While events recorded on internal drive is different kind what could be accessible from remote client.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...