Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with the quality of SD on new Hopper reciever

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,588 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

If your HD locals are on both arcs a reposition may be possible ... it would require a different DISH and your neighbor's trees may be a problem.

The SD channels should be the same aspect ratios on both arcs ... letterboxed on one should be letterboxed on the other. I am not aware of any channels that are cropped/letterboxed differently based on the arc.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   FrankH

FrankH

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

I will talk to the installer since the dish is not yet in the ground but on a stand about moving it past the problematic tree group. It would be about a 60-70' move. Do you know if Dish allows 'longer' placements like this besides the close to the home one. I'm sure it's more expensive in the wire but I'm sure they got plenty of it. Thanks for the help.

#23 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,532 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Let me just say... I am on eastern arc... and on my 922, ESPNU looks pretty bad.

I was just commenting the other day while trying to watch an ACC basketball game how one team was one color of blob and the other team was another color of blob... and it was hard to tell much of anything.

So... some channels are pretty bad in SD.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#24 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,588 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

I will talk to the installer since the dish is not yet in the ground but on a stand about moving it past the problematic tree group. It would be about a 60-70' move. Do you know if Dish allows 'longer' placements like this besides the close to the home one. I'm sure it's more expensive in the wire but I'm sure they got plenty of it. Thanks for the help.

There is a limit of how far the dish can be away from the receiver ... which would also include the length of cable inside your home (dish to hub+hub to Hopper).

#25 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

ESPNU is almost un-watchable in SD on DISH. I would prefer to listen to a radio feed of a game that watch it on ESPNU on DISH.

spam firewall